colorado fur buyers

luciausarmy

I'm going to be doing a decent amount of hunting coyotes this year when I get back from deployment. (one week
grin.gif
) and was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in the colorado springs area that buys fur, also if they buy it whole or if it has to be skinned and tanned and all of that. I live in an apartment and obviously there I dont have the garage or anything to be able to to this.
Thanks, Danny

Depending on how far you want to drive you can sell to this guy. His website is petskafur.com and he has his route and dates of pick up on there. All the towns are at least 2 hours from you. He will take them skinned or whole. We usually get $15-$25 for coyotes whole. $12-$15 for fox. If you ever plan on going to wyoming to sell i can try to find another guy's number who i've sold to in cheyene he pays quite a bit better and will also take skinned or whole coyotes and prob just about anything else.

I know ken petska personlly and there is no way he will be paying those prices for coyotes as I just talked with him. He also didn't know wheather he would be making many runs this season. Cats was the only thing he said he would be making runs to buy for sure.

RR2, now that sounds more like the sad song and dance I've been hearing for the past several years.

Why Petska would be giving 15 to 25 on the carcass when nobody else will even give a buck for em just didn't make sense.

What have you been up to this summer buddy? Got em all washed, waxed, dyed, tuned up and ready to go? How are the cats looking, price wise, for the upcoming season? Probably not good.

I think the good cats are going to be around 200.00 out here and then they really go down from there. Trying to get everything ready to start on coyotes on the 15th of oct.

The auction spoken about above is sponsored by the Colorado Trappers Association. I am the outgoing manager of that auction. It is held in Hugo, Colorado at the Lincoln County Events Center. Furs are taken at the door on the second weekend. Buyers come in mid-week to inspect the goods and the auction is on Thursday/Friday. All furs at this auction must be stretched and dried. There should be information at coloradotrappers.com.

I don't know of any buyers in the state buying major quantities of coyotes. I buy a few and know of one near Limon that buys some as well.

Back