I'm Back!

mikegranger

Hey guys, as some of you know, I take the summer off to fight fires. I don't get on the board for 4 months or so. Keeps my batteries fresh, so to speak. Anyway, I'm back and look forward to catching up with what's happened during my absence.

Good to have you back Mike.
I went through your town again this spring in June.
I tryed calling you. I didnt know if you would be home or not.
My son and I went to Idaho Bear hunting.
Hope you had a good summer!! Looking forward to your Storys again!!

Vargy

Thanks guys. Fall is in the air, leaves are changing colors and elk are bugling. It's Time!!

Dash is through being spoiled and is now an outside dog. He's just as hard headed as bubba but it appears he's pretty darn smart. We'll see how that works out on coyotes.

Vargy, I got your message but I was in another state doing some prescribed burning. Sorry to have missed you.

Where were you fighting fires? My dad has been sitting at home all summer, nothing going on at all. Anyways glad your back, we need some more Bubba the wonder dog stories.

Verminator2,

When I'm not fighting them, I'm lighting them. A year like this is great for doing prescribed burns during the summer. I've got another planned, 2,000 acres, in early October. We've screwed up the natural fire cycle so bad these past 100 years that we have to take every opportunity to put fire back on the landscape, on our terms! Otherwise we get the monsterous fires that you read about in the paper and watch on the nightly news.

IMG_0217-1.jpg

IMG_0239-1.jpg

Last edited:
Predburner
I been working alot of hours this summer so i havent got alot to talk about. Terriers on a few coons and a couple ground hogs!!
This morning i put my 3 1/2 month old pups on their first rat!! I was real pleased with the out come.
In 2 weeks i am leaving for a weeks Vac going to Neb to stag hound and Grey hound trade and sell days!!
Its in Lomice Neb.
I had a couple litters of Terriers this summer and one litter of stag pups.
all doing great.

Vargy

Good to see you back Mike. I look forward to the stories.

Yep, if folks would thin their trees and burn every 3 to 5 years or sooner, their forests would be much healthier, it wouldn't get hot enough to kill many of the old trees, the wildlife would prosper, and this country would spend much less money each year putting them out. We burn almost every spring. It's good for the land.

I appreciate what you do. My Granddad spent 35 years with the MO Dept of Conservation fighting fires.

Originally Posted By: vargy49Predburner
I been working alot of hours this summer so i havent got alot to talk about. Terriers on a few coons and a couple ground hogs!!
This morning i put my 3 1/2 month old pups on their first rat!! I was real pleased with the out come.
In 2 weeks i am leaving for a weeks Vac going to Neb to stag hound and Grey hound trade and sell days!!
Its in Lomice Neb.
I had a couple litters of Terriers this summer and one litter of stag pups.
all doing great.

Vargy

Good to hear you are doing well......

Back