Leupold elevation/windage knobs?

Timberbeast7

I thought Leupold came out with knobs they called 'hunter' knobs ???....which were basically short M1 knobs. Am I completely backwards on this? They show field click knobs on their custom shop page...what are these? Basically I want short M1 knobs...do they make something close?

Thanks
tb7

2muchgun, where are you?
grin.gif

Here is a couple pics of the Leupold CDS system with elevation turret only on a 3.5-10.

Joshrivertrip042.jpg

Any they are quite compact.

Joshrivertrip041.jpg

Just signed on
grin.gif

I think he is talking about these:
is.jpg

They are obviously not short M1's. M1's can be added for $130/pair of like $70-75 for just an elev. knob......

Are those factory set for a specific load/caliber or do they function the same as the M1 knobs? Do they make windage cds knobs too? I don't want the 'pre-set' knobs, I just want knobs that are 1/4 MOA and easy to read and precisely turn back to zero (but shorter than the M1's if at all possible).

I know they weren't literally 'M1 shorts', just functionally short M1 knobs. I have had the M1's installed on other scopes, just thought they had come out with knobs that did the same thing but were lower profile.

Last edited:
Don't mean to sound like a broken record...but how do the CDS knobs function? Are they calibrated for specific loads or are they just 1/4 MOA adjustment.

I have sent back a couple scopes to get turrets and Reticle changes this month.The price is 60.00 per turret and 60 to change Reticle. Leupold does have modifications that are not listed on the Custom shop page. Be sure to talk with a Leupold Tech and have a definition of their language. I did get a scope back that had the wrong Reticle put in it. They had a record of my original request and saw that it was their mistake they sent me a shipping label and that scope was returned within a week no additional charge. They are great to work with. Give them a call @ 1-800-538-7653

Originally Posted By: old_sparkyI have sent back a couple scopes to get turrets and Reticle changes this month.The price is 60.00 per turret and 60 to change Reticle. Leupold does have modifications that are not listed on the Custom shop page. Be sure to talk with a Leupold Tech and have a definition of their language. I did get a scope back that had the wrong Reticle put in it. They had a record of my original request and saw that it was their mistake they sent me a shipping label and that scope was returned within a week no additional charge. They are great to work with. Give them a call @ 1-800-538-7653

I think that Leupold sets the standard for customer service. Only Swarovski can equal them. Both are excellent for taking good care of their customers.

Originally Posted By: ghilliedoggerIt is my understanding that they come with 1/4 moa and a coupon to have a custom set made for a given load.

This is correct. I just bought a 4.5-14x40 VX3 CDS from a member on this site. It came with a coupon to send in your ballistics to leupold for the bullet type you are shooting and they will make a custom numbered turret. Numbers would be in yardages rather than MOA click adjustments. Being that I will probably shoot more than one load, I'm leaving mine for MOA adjustments.

Back