Got my buddy his first coyote. W/Pics.

12Ring

So me and my friend drew an archery deer tag in september. We went out to do some scouting last week so I brought along my calling stuff. When my friend said "whats all that for". I said we can call some if we have time. He told me "man your addicted this is deer season". I told him I cant help it i'm hook bad.

After doing a few hours of scouting I told him lets make a stand. It was about 9:00am. We parked his truck and walked over a little hill about 200yds. He didnt even have any camo and all I had was a camo shirt, so we tucked against a tree in the shade and I put my new fury about 60yds in front of us.

I started out with lightning jack since it seems to be alot of peoples favorite. Let it play for about 8 minutes then switched to pup distress for about 30 seconds. Waited a minute then started with jack rabbit distress.

At 12 minutes I spoted the dog come over a hill about 300yds out and was coming hard. Only took him about 30 seconds to cover the distance to the call. When he was about ten yards from the call I barked, he stopped quartering to us and my freind let my .243 rip. The dog dropped and he was pumped. He was shaking like crazy and said "feel my heart it pounding out of my chest. I can see how this can be addicting".

58gr vmax hit bone on the other side and made a huge exit. I have only made 10 stands now with the fury and have called 4 dogs.
coyote3.jpg

This is my buddy with his first dog.

coyote2-1.jpg

The view we had with the call 60yds out in the top of a yucca. X marks where the dog went down.

coyote1-1.jpg

The call in only about 12 yds from the where the dog went down. I circled the call.

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well your friend is now stoked and ready to forget deer season huh! Just kidding but the nice thing is when deer season is but a memory and your eating those nice venison pepper sticks or whatever you got months and months of coyote hunting to do.

Back