Swarovski 8x56 SLC?

That is the exact pair that I have. The quality is impeccable.

I have a small creek about 225 yards in front of my porch. the creek bottom is full of Sycamore trees. We have sat on my front porch and put a lot of different optics through the test. Including a lot of high end optics such as Zeiss, Swaro., Leupold, and others.

My Swaro. binoculars are by far the best. You can asctually look at the pieces of broken bark and distinguish the different color variations of the pieces of bark on the trees. No other glass I have looked through on the porch would do that.

The binos. are also built like a tank. They will take a licking.

One drawback to them is that they are big and heavy. But then by the nature of the beast a 56 mm OL is going to be big. When I want a lightweight set of bino's I use my Zeiss 8X40's. They are not the quality of the Swaro's, however they are easier to carry. I will be upgrading these binoculars to a set of Leica 8X40's after I finish my next rifle build.

They also work great into the evening hours for watching deer at or after dusk. Any moon light or snow at all and you can see with them all night long.

If I had to sell the items in my gun safe then my Swaro's would be the second to last item I would sell. My deer rifle would be the last thing. It has a Swaro. scope on it. I would even sell the safe first.

Picture of mine on the floor board of the Kawasaki Mule. Tom.

IMG_0508.jpg

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEADThat is the exact pair that I have. The quality is impeccable.

I have a small creek about 225 yards in front of my porch. the creek bottom is full of Sycamore trees. We have sat on my front porch and put a lot of different optics through the test. Including a lot of high end optics such as Zeiss, Swaro., Leupold, and others.

My Swaro. binoculars are by far the best. You can asctually look at the pieces of broken bark and distinguish the different color variations of the pieces of bark on the trees. No other glass I have looked through on the porch would do that.

The binos. are also built like a tank. They will take a licking.

One drawback to them is that they are big and heavy. But then by the nature of the beast a 56 mm OL is going to be big. When I want a lightweight set of bino's I use my Zeiss 8X40's. They are not the quality of the Swaro's, however they are easier to carry. I will be upgrading these binoculars to a set of Leica 8X40's after I finish my next rifle build.

They also work great into the evening hours for watching deer at or after dusk. Any moon light or snow at all and you can see with them all night long.

If I had to sell the items in my gun safe then my Swaro's would be the second to last item I would sell. My deer rifle would be the last thing. It has a Swaro. scope on it. I would even sell the safe first.

Picture of mine on the floor board of the Kawasaki Mule. Tom.

IMG_0508.jpg

Good posting, and right on!!!!
I have a Pair of Swarovski 7x42 SLC's that are as good as it gets for a pair of binox for Northern Michigan hunting. But, as you say, they are 33 ounces, and heavy for carrying.
If I live back home in Pennsylvania where I hunted ground hogs on a weekly basis, I'd have the 8x56 SLC's.

They are the perfect binocular for ground hog hunting. My Kawasaki Mule does not mind the little extra weight. After all it carries me around. Tom.

Back