Service for Redfield and Weaver optics

Free or paid? I have an old Weaver with defective lens coating and all fogged up. I was told the company the bought Weaver doesn't service the old ones. Found one place that would service it but they wanted 80-100 dollars just to look at it. Put it on the shelf-and the memory bank.

cmatera

I have an old (25 years) pair of Redfield bino's that I thought might need going over. Also have a Weaver scope that may be in need of repair. Not sure if it's worth it or not, just looking for somebody to ask.

Anyone else?

Originally Posted By: Colorado Coyotescmatera

I have an old (25 years) pair of Redfield bino's that I thought might need going over. Also have a Weaver scope that may be in need of repair. Not sure if it's worth it or not, just looking for somebody to ask.

Anyone else?

Is your Weaver an older steel tube model made in El Paso? If so, here is the place that repairs them, along with the Redfields.

Iron Sight Inc Redfield/Weaver (El Paso Scopes)
4814 South Elwood Ave
Tulsa, OK 74107
918-445-2001 or 918-521-7736
http://www.ironsightinc.com/

One thing you should know is, they have a healthy backlog of work, so there is a long wait to have a scope repaired. And, they charge something like $75 just for a disassembly and cleaning. Beyond that, it will probably cost more.

Martyn4802

The Weaver isn't the old steel tube, it's a newer V-16. Not sure if the scope is bad or something else. Have to pull it and try another scope.

The Redfield bino's have served me well for over 25 years but don't match up with newer, cheaper ones. Maybe time for a new pair.

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted By: Colorado CoyotesMartyn4802

The Weaver isn't the old steel tube, it's a newer V-16. Not sure if the scope is bad or something else. Have to pull it and try another scope.

The Redfield bino's have served me well for over 25 years but don't match up with newer, cheaper ones. Maybe time for a new pair.

Thanks for the replies.

Weaver V-16's are excellent scopes. At one time, I had seven of them, but sold some and now I'm down to three. I had them on air rifles, springers, as they would hold up well in that recoil environment. I leaned about them from other air rifle shooters and never read where one had gone belly up on the air gun forums. None of mine died either. In fact, I was shooting one this past Saturday mounted on an old Rem 722 in 222 Rem, doing some load testing. I set it at 16x and can easily see 22 caliber bullet holes in targets 100 yards away.
About a year ago, Weaver was sold by Meade to the earlier Weaver owner, and I can't recall the name of the company. Something like ADK, but not sure?? Anyway, Meade was terrible about Weaver repair work, and the new owner is doing much better. That's about all I know on the current production Weaver repair.

Back