20 Hornet or 20 AI Hornet

sac4

Does any one on here have one? If so likes/dislike. Yes I know the 17AH is a great round and its alot easyer to get dies and stuff for it. Im just not intrested in getting a 17AH at this time. I have a 22 hornet and love it I just want some thing a little different and with better balistics then the 22Hornet.

I have been considering the 19 calhoon for some time. The only thing I dislike is that there is very limited 19cal bullets and I belive he is the only place to get them.

Do the 19 Calhoon and stock up on enough bullets for it to make you feel warm and fuzzy. Seriously I wouldn't worry to much about the bullet issue. It is exactly what you are describing. Kind of sounds like you are wanting to go the 20cal route. Check over on Saubier.com, that is where you are most likely to get any info on your idea. I would go the 19 Calhoon myself, but that would only be if the 17AH was not an option.

The "K" is the Kilborn version of an improved Hornet and the "AI" is an Ackley styled version, pretty much just the location of the shoulder. The "AI" would leave the shoulder in the same location at 40degrees and the body straightenned and the "K" has the shoulder moved forward and the body straightenned. I've never seen a AI Hornet, I think people refer to any improved cartridge as "AI'd".

AWS

Last edited:
Back