Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1393206 - 10/16/09 10:30 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
Rickh Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: Eastern Nebraska
Originally Posted By: Chris_Brice
Rick, you want her you can have her. I'm not gonna piss with her. She wasn't gonna make it the weekend.

CB

Chris,
I will talk to my wife. I know what I went through with Budro from the 4 month to 9 month range, it was [beeep] and after raising 4 kids through the 2's that was a piece of cake!
I don't have to tell you that though, you have been around dogs.

I am sure each has a different view. Our Budro is a combo family and hunting and protector dog, and until late I wondered if he was going to do me under and I would have to find a home for him....

First off, slow down and take breath, please do not put her down until we at least try to find a home for her.

Anyway, let me ask you a few more questions....
1) Is she healthy, any known issues?
2) Does she run the yard or stay in a kennel?
We are in town and already have problems with the neighbors when Budros in the kennel, he don't like it and barks to much for them. To me I say let him get it out of his system and he will quit, but I guess you gotta live amongst each other and try and work it out.
3) Is she protective of territory?
4) Does she do ok with strangers, people and dogs?
5) Does she do ok with kids, short ones.... Under say 14 years old?
6) Has she any kind of training obedience, hunting?
7) how does she do on a leash/lead?
8) Gun shy issues?

I will leave it at that for now and talk to my wife in the mean time. Those early months with Budro are still fresh in her mind though, every flower she planted in the back yard has been destroyed along with all of the bed ornaments! Still can't break him of carrying the firewood around the yard, but maybe this winter I can put that to use when I cut more!

Anyway, look forward to hearing back from you.
Rick H...

#1393232 - 10/16/09 11:13 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Rickh]
Chris_Brice Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Iowa
1) Good health, a little skinny cause she is always on the go.
2)I have her tied up but when she is loose she is always around me and if I go inside she generally stays on the deck waiting for me. She hasn't been loose since the possum incident.
3) no
4)Loves people. As far as dogs go she isn't ill just a little too much energy for my other dogs. My Jagd runs to her kennel when I turn Blondie loose. And my jabd hates her kennel!!
5) Great with kids. It's my 7 year old girl's job to feed her.
6) No obedience to speak of. Hunting is as discribed above. Walks in my pasture and the local fields plus a few cage critters.
7) good luck on the lead thing, good thing she stays close.
8) not gun shy at all. We had a "shoot em up" day at my place last weekend. 700 rounds from hand guns and shotguns 50 feet from her. She never even flinched.

Believe me when I say this, I'm 95% sure she won't make a hunting dog. Might work for decoy but I have zero experience with that. As for a pet she is pretty wound up but may settle down. I've never put a dog down and have had some I should of. IMO, for a hunting dog she needs put down. At a minimum she should be fixed.

Let me know,
CB

#1393263 - 10/16/09 11:57 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
Rickh Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: Eastern Nebraska
Chris,
I just read your responses to my wife and 11 year old daughter who is now crying!
Let me go over this in my mind tonight.
Budro's level of hyperness can get out of control as well, until I put the collar on him! Once he sees the controller he is another dog and very obedient.
PM your phone number if you would.
Like I said we are just 180 miles from you over in Omaha.
In the mean time, if someone else is interested, please dont hesitate to speak up,

Rick H...

Edited by Rickh (10/17/09 12:00 AM)

#1393373 - 10/17/09 10:46 AM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Rickh]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
that sucks chris, but there all not hunting dogs. on a better note how are you and your family? bob & shell

#1393401 - 10/17/09 12:02 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: emeraldterriers1]
Chris_Brice Offline
Die Hard Member II

Doing good up here, how about you 2? Family all well?

On a brighter note, Blondie's brother (which my partner has) looks to be a coon killer. Uses his nose and hates coon. So now I get to hunt with him without feeding or scoopin poop smile Taking him and Sadie(the Jagd) out for a run tonight.

CB

Edited by Chris_Brice (10/17/09 12:05 PM)

#1393420 - 10/17/09 01:04 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
A Dana Offline
Predator Master

Loc: BC Canada
Chris Price........is the dog realy only 6 months old?

That is what your post suggests.....Do you really expect much out of 6 month old dog?....I don't expect to much out of a year old dog.

you may end up being right about the dog but I question whether you can actualy know that until they are over a year.

I don't say this only on my own experience..Mr John Wick in his tree dog encyclopedia mentions it several times and is quite rude to those who would even hunt a dog under a year in most cases...John even suggests some dogs will be nearly two before they show much.
Most females won't even have had heat cycle until a year or more.

Respectfully. A Dana

#1393444 - 10/17/09 02:02 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: A Dana]
Chris_Brice Offline
Die Hard Member II

She could be a late bloomer. No one knows, but I won't bet my time, money and feed on it. Been there, done that and never had one like this turn out. Ever! There are lots and lots of better dogs out there to try. IMO, Breeding this dog regardless of how she turns out would be irresponsible.

CB

By the way, she's about 8 months old now.

Edited by Chris_Brice (10/17/09 02:04 PM)

#1393450 - 10/17/09 02:14 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

CB were doing fine. good post. you gettin after the yotes yet? my eye is still a little messed up but shell is getting to be a better shot and i'm still calling.

#1393483 - 10/17/09 03:15 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: emeraldterriers1]
Chris_Brice Offline
Die Hard Member II

What happened to your eye Bob? You know, you're mom told you you would go blind doing that?

CB

No yotes here yet, syill have 75% of the crops in here.

Edited by Chris_Brice (10/17/09 03:16 PM)

#1393493 - 10/17/09 03:27 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

that is a harsh rumor mother's tell there sons.lol i got cancer in my right eye earlier this yr. chordial melenomia? spelling. of course it is my dominate scope eye. i can see a little out of it but nothing out of a scope. i'll be the shotgunner this yr.i think shell did something (rat posion) to me so she could shoot more often. she said i was a show off shooting running coyotes she missed. lol

#1393533 - 10/17/09 05:14 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: emeraldterriers1]
A Dana Offline
Predator Master

Loc: BC Canada
I think you have misunderstood my reference to her heat cycle.....the dog is not an adult until it has had it's first heat.

#1393537 - 10/17/09 05:49 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: A Dana]
DTOM Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Far from the crowds
Hey Chris-

Sorry to hear about the dog. I'm with you in that I've wasted way too much time and money trying to change what can't be changed. We work our dogs different than most everyone else and lets face it....quite a few will never hunt that way. I ask a lot out of my dogs and they better preform or it off they go. I have too many old dogs who have actually earned the rest and down time to spend any on a dog that won't work. Just my opinion. I don't keep working dogs as pets.

Bob- Sorry to hear about the eye. Maybe you'll just have to try the old switch up and shoot off your non-dominate side. Good to hear your still out and running and haven't let it get you down. You and the family are in our thoughts.

We all need to figure out what works and get those little dogs out together again. Good times.

Tim

Dont Tread On Me

#1393544 - 10/17/09 06:11 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: DTOM]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

[beeep] i got another eye not to far from the bad one.lol the old switch up will take some practice i'd put my good eye out eating with a fork if i'm not careful! your are right on your post not everyone demands the same out of there dogs as we do.yes we need to set something up nate and jeremy sound like there in. i'm sure hafner and his sidekick would go.bob

#1393571 - 10/17/09 07:37 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: emeraldterriers1]
Chris_Brice Offline
Die Hard Member II

Ya, sorry about the eye there bud. Good thing you have Shel!

Anyone interested in a Jan 1 hunt somewhere? I think it's on a friday.

CB

#1393588 - 10/17/09 08:07 PM Re: Meet Blondie!! [Re: Chris_Brice]
vargy49 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: iowa city iowa
Just my 2 cents. Not wanting to step on any toes.
You all know i expect alot out of my hounds and little dogs to.
Our little dogs are a exception. Alot of dogs dont come any were near starting at 6 months old.
Just for example. My Casey Terrier didnt start vary well till he was a year old. At a year old he went right to town and pulled a ground hog out of a hole under a concret slab.
Casey is my main man and i would never give him up for any amount of dogs.
Like my Jessie stag. I had him on dozens of coons. He had no part on it. I got him to bark at one one time about 3 times and he just walked off.
He was getting close to his year old and i sent him home with Tomcat.
2 weeks after i sent him away Tomcat had him loose in the yard and a deer came running out of the corn right by them and the race was on. Jessie caught the deer and pretty much killed it by him self.
It just took a little longer for the light switch to come on.
I think 6 months is a little soon.
All my patterdales fired at a very young age, But thats a whole diff breed.

You all want to hook up this winter for a few barns??
Sounds like a good time!!

Vargy

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.