Slinging an AR with no front sling swivel stud

GregW

Fellas,

Need some recommendations on a sling and a technique to attach a sling for carrying on an AR with no front swivel stud. The gun only has a loop on the stock as seen below on the top.

Sure appreciate any info...

Gun in question is the top one...
DSCN1674.jpg

Last edited:
I drilled and installed them on two of mine... It's not a big project if you use the studs made for a free floated hand guard..

If you don't want to drill your baby, there is always a shotgun temporary sling that loops over the forearm and buttstock...They even come in cammo...

Hi Greg!
I have a single point sling on my shorty...
6x45005.jpg

It works well especially well for the 16"er, but I've used it with my 22" Wizzer too. Just need to keep a free hand on the foregrip to keep the longer barrel from pitchpoling into the dirt...

The ACE stock has a side swivel attachment. With your A2 stock, you can get an A2 stock loop that goes between the stock and lower receiver. That will give you a spot to attach a single point sling...

OR, you can go with something like this from LaRue ...

Quote:Need some recommendations on a sling and a technique to attach a sling for carrying on an AR with no front swivel stud.

Your rifle is about the same configuration as mine, look at this thread.

Sling options

That KNS swivel stud would work and get rid of the velcro possibly coming loose. Some velcro is pretty tight-locking stuff, though, maybe it's not a concern.
I'm paranoid maybe.
laugh.gif

Greg,

That is the Galco Battle Sling, and it works great. I never use a front stud to hang my slings and none have ever come loose. The velcro holds it nice and tight.

Back