dpms

Bert44

Have a chance to get a DPMS 16" Bull flat top. Not sure on DPMS reputation? Looking for a asmaller gun to carry in the brush.

They are great. I have two DPMS M-4's.
They both shoot lights out. No worries.

DPMS is a very sought after brand as well.

Hope this helps,

Barry

As stated its one of the brands that are right at the top of the best list of ARs.

I shoot varmints myself instead of lights though...
cool.gif

Well, I have several AR's and the DPMS Sweet 16 I have is one of my favorites and probably the best shooter. I have yet to throw up some photos of some recent load development.

It shoots 60 grain v-max bullets with benchmark powder at 5/8" groups @ 100 yards.

I recently having been playing with Nosler 60 grain partitions and Benchmark powder (deer rounds). It seems to really like 22.7 grains as I shot a 5 shot group at 1.001" from outside to outside of bullet hole. Wish I had a photo of the target because I had one small clover leaf and 2 just to the side. Left to Right variation is usually due to me...I'm not that great behind the trigger I guess.

They are a little heavy but you can always have it fluted to reduce some of that weight.

I haven't shot anything else through it yet but I'm sure it will eat them up. Go for it!

+1 on DPMS

However, if you are looking for a carry gun, at the end of the day, I think you would like Ms. RockinBar's DPMS Sportical.

(-:

Quote:Left to Right variation is usually due to me...

It takes very little wind to see the groups open up horizontally, especially if it's changing speed. If it's you, you'll throw them low and high, too.

Originally Posted By: Bert44Have a chance to get a DPMS 16" Bull flat top. Not sure on DPMS reputation? Looking for a asmaller gun to carry in the brush.

I have one of those. It was my first AR. I just can't bring myself to get rid of it- It shoots too darn well. They're relatively inexpensive as well- which doesn't suck. Hard to go wrong!
grin.gif

Back