Opinions of the Burris Signature series?

WEATHERBY460

I actually have the old style signature 6-24x44mm from like 5 years ago on my 22-250 vssf. I have a friend that will buy it from me for what i paid for it, and then I would buy something cheaper. How are these scopes compared to others being made now.

Thanks

Two of my hunting partners has them and really like them. One of them let me borrow the 8x32x44 Signature series Mil-Dot retical for a benchrest varmint match. I installed it on a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in 223 rem. Very clear scope. I have the 2.8x10x44 Euro-Diamond with the ballistic plex retical on my big game hunting rifle and really like it too. Burris is very bright and clear.

Burris use to be a great purchase item, made in the USA and repair warranty even on buying a used scope. Not sure what the deal is now- I own a few of them and plan to buy the Burris tactical scope. If you buy one- run it hard for a couple of shoots and hunts and let us know. Stay center. jhg

I have a slug of the older signature series with the light collector on the front.

They are among the most rugged scopes that I have ever owned. The tubes on these older scopes are tough as nails and if I were going to war, this is the scope that I would want.

The 3-12's are on my calling guns. The 6-24's are on my long range deer rifles.

The 8-32's are on my p.dog guns.

If you want a scope to bounce around in the front seat of the pick up, these are the scopes.

The coatings on the glass is not up to par with the current Bushnell 4200, but sure is good enough to shoot little tiny groups at 300 yards.

I understand from talking to my wildlife biologist (they know everything) that the Signature Series is a real good scope, and he abuses his gear in his work. Today I bought the 4.5x14 Burris FF II Tactical and will compare it to my dozen Leupolds, nightforce, and other scopes. I will post the intel in a couple weeks. BTW Redfield use to be a good company- but the rolally hosed me on a 2x7 wideview when I returned it for service- it came back with a 3x9 barrel on it all dorked up like the USPS guy drug it behind his truck. I still have it just to reinforce why I would NEVER buy another Redfeild. stand by on the crosswalk between the new Burris and my numerous Leupolds. I am testing the Burris just to see if I want to buy 6 or 8 for some unscoped guns that I am building up for my girls - or else I would just bite the price and buy a VXIII, but 6-8 scopes is over $1K difference in total costs.

I have two Signatures from the period you posted, both 3x9x40 Electro-Dots on my elk rifles and couldn't be more pleased with them. I tried one on my main Win. Mod 70 .300 Win Mag, and liked it so much that I put an identical one on my back-up.
Last year I picked up a Rem R-15 and topped it with a Signature Select 3x12x44.
These scopes are tough, bright, and will compare with all the best mid-priced brands. I'm a fan.

Originally Posted By: WEATHERBY460I actually have the old style signature 6-24x44mm from like 5 years ago on my 22-250 vssf. I have a friend that will buy it from me for what i paid for it, and then I would buy something cheaper. How are these scopes compared to others being made now.

Thanks

That is really bad thinking on your part. I have half a dozen of that exact same scope, about as bullet proof as a scope can get. The only reason to sell that scope is if you were to want the 8-32 of the same model.

I have older ones and newer ones,...same same.

I replaced leupold vari-x III's with Burris Signatures and have never looked back. I prefer the signature,...as a matter of fact I will be buying another one soon.

Now,now let's not be knocking Leupold!I happen to have several Burris scopes 6x24 signature,6x24 XTR,4.5X14 Fullfield II,and Fullfield II 10x42 bino's. Burris makes excellent products and excellent warranty! My newest is the 6x24x50 XTR which is on a 223 AR, which is pretty comparible to my Leupold Mark 4 in being clear. The only thing Leupold's have over Burris is size,a Burris of the same power is so much longer,and well M1 turrets!(Cool turrets)
That's just my oppinion!

Back