? about a price

Page

I have the opportunity to buy a colt w/ the 24 inch barrel, not sure what they call it but it's the varmit model. It has a 6X18 (i think) sightron with mil dot reticle. He is askin 1200 for it. I know the gun and it has been shot very little. Is it worth it?

If the scope is worth $300 that make it a $900 colt and I would probable have to do some serious searching to find a colt for $900. My local has a colt HBAR with match barrel and I think they are asking like $1300 or so for it.

Welcome to the forum, Page. Sounds like a good price for a Colt to me, with a nice scope to boot.

Where do you live in Illinois? I live near the Quad-Cities.

kevlars

Thanks for the info guys. I thought it was a pretty good deal myself but don't know much about em, sure is sweet though. I live in North Pekin. I usualy spend most of the winter huntin. Geese n deer, just started chasin yotes, got in a couple tourny's n shot a 44 lb. male last jan.

We just took in a Colt HBAR with a cheap scope mounted on top of the hand guard that the owner is only asking $995+tax for.

We have more AR's on our walls now then we ever have. The owner tells everyone that there is glut on them and he doesnt want them but will offer a price. We offer low and because of these economic times coupled with allot of people making bad decisions during the "gun rush" we are getting more and more in.

Another example is there is a new unfired S&W Tactical AR with full quad rails in unfired condition on the wall for $995.

And there are allot more like that.

Right now is a buyers market.

I'd say its worth that. I sold my Colt 6724(?), the 24" model, last year to my buddy for $950 with a B-square mount. I probably should have raped the market and made a mint, but he likes it and I like to visit it once in a while, lol.

that is a h-bar elite I have one and it shoots 1/2 at a 100 with ramshot x-term. and benchmark just loaded some varget and 60gr.vmax I thank you will like it. $1.599 on the colt site.

Last edited:
Yeah Curt that's the one. Now all I have to do is wait for my raise to take kick in and the extra cash on the pay check is gonna pay for it. Thanks again guys.

I have one just like it and it’s an ok gun. The trigger is the worst thing ever and I am not kidding! I sent the trigger off and had a guy work on it and it is amazing now!! It shot about 1/2 @ 100 which I didn't think was the best but I am sure the trigger will help a lot. I don't know that I would pay much more than they are asking. I think a lot of the price is for the name. I have shot many others that cost less and shoot just as good.

Back