......$89.95 per 1000....

Chapped Lips

Just left a gun show in roswell,nm....heard rumors that primers were available & prices were coming down...well,not this weekend...no federals but win,rem,cci,wolf....BUT NINETY DOLLARS A THOUSAND !....
a local said the gun store in town is gettin $50 a thousand...guess some vendors just like haulin their stuff from show to show...even 50 bucks is a bitter pill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: warpig602Im a little new to the reloading game, what would you consider a good price for primers?

Around $30/1000 maybe a bit more for Match or Benchrest ones.

peace.
unloaded

well ...4 -5 yrs ago you cud purchase 5000 primers for around $100... a little less if ur gun shop & you had a relationship...currently $35 /1k is about what most people cud stomach....not this $90 bull pukey.

I just found that my Mom&Pop rifle/fishing supply store has started carrying more reloading supplies. Low and behold, they had 1000 205M's. The guy said if I took the whole box I could have it for $35.00. Guess what I bought today?
grin.gif
Im like the rest of you though.. I hope the guys jacking these prices up get burned in the end.

Originally Posted By: warpig602Im a little new to the reloading game, what would you consider a good price for primers?

A year or two back I was paying about $20-$22 or so per 1000. Last spring I paid $32 or so for 1000 small pistol magnum primers because I needed some, but thought the price was a little high.

I've been loading since about 1976, when my dad had to teach me to do it in order to keep me in ammo to shoot. As a result, I've always kept a decent supply of components, and I'm glad i have. The crunch hasn't affected me much at this point, and I'm not hurting for ammo.

Daryl

I can still remember paying $12.99 for a thousand and Im not that old.

I traded a brick to a local gunshop that still cant get any-traded him a brick for two hundred ballistic tips. Was in there this morning and he has 7 bucks a hundred on them. Just leaves me shakin my head, and a grumble in my gut.

I saw $75 and $80 1000 lots at a gun show recently. The same thieves want $40 per box for pistol defense ammo too. They wont get it from me.......

I bought 2900 primers, two brand new Remington upland vests, and a pound of H4831SC for $105 from an add in the paper a couple of months ago. It seems to be worth it to wait it out for a deal.

The "usual" going rate is between $30 and $35 per thousand around here.
Given that we have choices, we can spend whatever we feel comfortable spending for primers. I can't tell anyone what they "should" spend.

Last Primers I bought in bulk were at close out deal--I just checked the boxes for the price they were $.75 per 100 and $6.99 per 1000.And I thought I had bought too many--heh,heh,heh I bought 20,000 that day.Usually when I buy in bulk the price goes down!Probably ought to get some of those $89.95 primers so the price will go down for you guys

Last edited:
I bought 1K CCI small rifle and 1K Rem large pistols for $25/1000 in June from my local guy. Not everybody is raping us. I really figured this would be over by now...

Back