need a new scope

Randy 3

Gentlemen,
I have a rem.700 spsv in .223 rem I would like to put a new scope on. This will be my second gun on a praiere dog hunt in WY. in the middle of sept. I have a max.of $600.00 to spend in a new scope. Would like a varible power scope in the 20 to 24 power range. Any thing with a 40 to 50mm A.O. Thanks for the replies in advance.

$600 should buy you a very nice scope.

I have used Nikon BuckMaster 6-18X40,side focus, NikkoPlex reticle, on two of my PD rifles - RR .223 and CZ .204 for last 3 years and like 'em real well.

I guess 20-24X works well for young eyes which mine aren't, LOL.

Have friends with Bushnell 4200 P variables, SF, mil-dot that work for them in dog towns.

I'd probably look at the Nikon Monarch line if I were in the market for a new scope just because I like Nikon and hear good things about them.

Weaver Classic 6-24x42 AO. You can pick these up for $350 or so and they will track as good or better than anything costing under $600. You can spend more, but you won't get more........

Randy3, I would try to save a little of the $600 for ammo and check out the Sightron line of scopes... I have two (4-16x & 3-12x) that are very clear and have excellent warranties if you ever need it.

You can add a little more to it and get a Burris Black Diamond in an 8-32x if you really want to see the PDs at long range...but you have to watch your mirage factor at the higher powers (above 18x)...

You can get that Weaver for about 40 bucks less at manventureoutpost. They have both the 6-24x42 and grand slam 6.5-20x40 for 300 bucks. I like Sightron very much and you can find great prices on the same site.

Back