Fox Pro claims yet another victim

jerry malbeck

After a short day at work , I grew tired of the usual , t.v. , So i slipped on the old breakup, and loaded up the ford , I went to one of my old haunts . Very good spot , but called alot . Driving down the road i see a spot i had never noticed before , and it looked good . SO i sneak into the set , and give the critter call mini a couple of pathetic howels. then turned on the Fox Pro to a couple of my new sounds . Turned it off and howeled yet again . Then back to the Fox Pro low low volume . Out of the left corner of my eye appears a coyote . Sneaking in is not the word . She is on a low belly crawl and coming in real slow . I chuckle to myself as i have the up hill advantage , and can see her quite well . As she inches forward toward the call , I slowly raise my 16 inch bushmaster V-match . bringing the nikon 3.5x10x50 to my eye i realize my butler creek flip up is in the down position . duuuuh . At this point if figure this coyote is gone , knowing full well that she had seen the slow deliberate movement . As i released the flip up it struck my glasses , i let it up slowly with my forehead to silence the snap . To my supprise she was still there . Looking right at me , Ears in the full attention position .I slowly pulled in the jewell two stage trigger till i felt the slack go out . As i held the cross hairs on her chest, I slowly squeezed , The hammer fell , The coyote vanished . I once again began callin , not sure if i had connected or not . For several agonizing minutes I listened to the fox Pro play its sumptious melody . Soon i could not stand it anymore . I walked down the hill to find the blackhills 52 grain hollow point had hit its mark . A perfect chest shot, no exit wound .Another fawn eater ,Extracted by the Fox pro . Jerry .

Sweet mother of Abraham!! Jerry, you should have been a writer. I damnear felt that lens cover hit me as I read that.

Good job, bud. So...how many is that so far?..and we haven't even came to the prime calling season yet.

~River Runner~

Great story and good job Jerry. If you don't mind me askin what sounds did you make yourself that you had put on the Foxpro. Take care.

------------------

River runner that makes 37 , lonny , A friend of mine and i recorded a bunch of sounds at a local game farm . Several bird babbies in distress, and a few secret sounds . he . he . If i tell ya ill havr to harvest ya .

HAHAHAHAHAH I was wondering when someone was going to say it!!!!! it takes a real friend to call a spade a spade. I wrote the story in a somewhat magazine fashion. had to do it . I thought it would be funny . I did leave out a few of th products i was useing , Hanes underwear. or was it legs??? And my Magnum boots, as well as the camo vision glasses . By the way if you havent seen them go to camo vision .com they are trick . I sure like mine . Thanks Meats I Love you too!!!! ha . ha .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

I dunno but it seems to me that from all the posts I am reading that Jerry is the Fox-Pro pro round these parts. Great job bustin that coyote and a good story as well!

Thanks
Shawn

Jerry you stud you
I wish I could have witnessed the whole scenario. That would have been great to have on video! Are the foxpros a little easier to get a hold of yet?

You forgot to mention the Victorias Secret Spare Magazine Pouch. They will probably revoke their sponsorship now, way to go.

Take care pard!
Muss

Muss yep the back log is getting smaller as John has more of the parts on hand now .And thanks for the loan on the Randy Anderson video , It did my howlin a whole lot of good . Curt . get yer howlin butt up here and lets whack a few .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

Coyote_220,
Jerry might not be quite the Fox Pro pro you think he is, but I can assure you of one thing. He takes more then his share of coyotes each year.
I'd like to blame him for my lack of kills, but he's to far away.
biggrin.gif

Keep an eye on him Shawn, once in a greaaaaat while he reveals a secret.
wink.gif

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

That is true River Runner he is the one that advised me on the sounds to get for my fox-pro! How they work yet i dunno all I have used is the howl at nights to see if I get a reply. One night I drove in the hills around here and sat right on top of a rocky knob turned the coyote howl on and waited. Didn't get any replies so I uped the volume tried again and holy smokes I bet I had at least 5 coyotes start howling all around me and thats the coolest sound in the world. I had no intentions of shooting any I just wanted to play with the new toy. When them coyotes started howling back at me it was a deffinate rush. I think I would rather shoot coyotes than any other thing in north america. I have yet to get my first called coyote and I beleive it is comming soon.

Thanks
Shawn

Shawn
Dont worry buddy , If you loaded the sounds i recomended on the Fox Pro , You are going to get a few coyotes all right . The first is always the Best . for sure . It will excite the bejesus out of you . I look forward to hearing of your sucess. Best of luck . remember the fox pro isnt the magic bullet . You still have to pay attention to all the small details . and dont be afraid to use a mouth call along with the Fox Pro .The AP-6 and the Fox Pro together is one killer combo . try it you will like it .

Jerry, did you say Leggs? Was that the knee-hi's or the full pantyhose? Boy, if you're cutting in on ol' Danny's territory, I'm gonna have to tell on you!
biggrin.gif

This is a little off subject, but darnit I just gotta ask. How heavy is that V-match you got? I want an AR so badly I can taste it, I found one I wanted a couple weeks ago, it was a colt Match Target with the A3 upper, it was NICE and just what I wanted, but had to wait till after the PD hunt, and damn if they didnt sell it already. I was wondering how heavy the v-matches are, and how well they shoot?

Rhino,
The Bushmaster A-3 with scope is about 9 to 10 pounds. I think the colt may be a little bit lighter. Believe me, you will love either one!
smile.gif
MP

BTW-they shoot really well!

------------------
yotewalk.gif
http://www.predatormasters.com

[This message has been edited by Mike Paul (edited 06-15-2001).]

Thanks for the tip Jerry I am currently working on the hand calls now. I will look for this Ap-6 what brand is it sceery? I am also scouting for coyote stand areas. When setting up a stand should I set up in higher ground or low ground such as toward the top of a ridge or at the base? I would like to set the fox-pro at a higher elevation for better louder sound but thats near impossible without getting the bark of death. I would like to go try a few places but I am holding out for the pups to leave on there own.

Thanks
Shawn

RINO , mike is pretty close i think , i have never weighed it . Its light and very accurate . My favorite coyote gun . I have the bushmaster . I have heard the colts dont shoot as well ? dont know if its true or not . Go to j.c.armory .com and look at the 16 inch bushie they have for 935.00 it has v-match a-3 upper and lower, fluted barrel two stage trigger , and target grip . pretty great price in my oppinion . later jerry .
Originally posted by rhino99:
This is a little off subject, but darnit I just gotta ask. How heavy is that V-match you got? I want an AR so badly I can taste it, I found one I wanted a couple weeks ago, it was a colt Match Target with the A3 upper, it was NICE and just what I wanted, but had to wait till after the PD hunt, and damn if they didnt sell it already. I was wondering how heavy the v-matches are, and how well they shoot?

Back