Jagd/Cur cross

Cutting down on a few hounds too. Some old ones and some young ones. Some have seen a ton of bear,lion and Bobcat and some just starting out and have seen a few.

Here are the little Buggars

3bj1y.jpg

Here are the females. On a scale from 1-10 for grit I would say the female is Maybe a 3 or 4 the male is off the charts.
The female is used for decoying coytes and the male is used for denning coyotes and has been used on badger, the trapper that had him before me used him for coons in haystacks at turkey ranches.
They will be sold for $100.

344e888.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am kind of excited about getting them into the feild. I am working a Jadg/hound male right now and really like him he loves the coyotes and can take some real punishment from them and goes right back in. My purpose for this cross is just that something with a ton of prey drive like the Jagd has, but with more leg and better handle.
Thanks again,Devin

Trapper2 I will make a phone call in a few.
Ok guys I am getting flooded with about the same question and that is "Why did I or would I make a cross like this".
The biggest reason Is Prey drive. I want the Prey drive of a Jagd but a bit bigger. With the curs they do not have the prey drive I desire. And until you have hunted a Jagd you wont understand. I don't like how the curs run out of energy after a while or when it gets hot. I want something that has FIRE under his tail to find and get a coyote not give up after the first half hour.
I have never hunted with a dog with more PREY DRIVE than a Jagd Terrier and if you have let me know, because I want one.
Anyway that is the biggest reason and if you would like to chat about it give me a call I would love to visit with you.
Nice to talk to yesterday Trapper2
Devin 801-910-1501

I like your thinking and agree 100% on your cross decision. Like I told you, I'm very interested in one. If we can figure out how to get one to me and Kelly, we'll definately put them to good use.

Tony

That'd be cool, as I've heard of 2 from NM that want one and 2 from OK. You could get alot of calling in along the way, with the guys who are buying. I'd take you out.
smile.gif

Tony

yea devin, if you would just deliever this would be easier
grin.gif
, i'm sure we could find something to get into plus you could stop by the shoeing school and see if you want to go back to that full time
laugh.gif

Last edited:
devin your never to old, just to out of shape, which is something i have been since the first one i ever did. shoeing was like standing on my head, i can do it if i really try, but never ever found any joy in it, ryan

Back