Savage Accu-trigger?

coyote1516

Just bought a Savage Model 10 Pred. in .22-250. I have the old left-master-eye syndrome so I shoot left handed and the tang safety is easier to manipulate. Not sure about the Accu-trigger. Everything I have read about it is positive but I'm sure it will take some getting used to. My Remington 700 trigger is set at 1.5 and I'm used to hearing the boom with about as much trigger tension as it takes to pull the release trigger on the Accu-trigger.
Any thoughts or experience with the Accu-trigger? Haven't had time to really try it out yet but I don't really like the feel of it. Guess I can always replace the trigger. What think? Anybody got in pros and cons for this trigger??
Thanks in advance.

I have 2 stock remington triggers set to approx 2 lbs and 2 rifles with the accutrigger. After awhile you get so used to the accutrigger that you will have no problem going back and forth. I am happy with the accutriggers have not even adjusted them. The remingtons have both been sent off for full trigger jobs to get them where they are tolerable.

I really like them, but they are factory triggers. If you have any guns with trully good triggers, they are tolerable, but again, they are factory.

Last edited:
They are without a question the best take out of the box and shoot trigger there is, you might need to set it a little lighter than it came, you can also trim the blade spring to lessen tension on it. ed

I just bought a new FP10 and it took me only about 20 seconds to get used to it after shooting my older non accutriggers.
I also adjusted it for a little lighter pull & that was even easier.

coyote1516,
I've got one on a Savage .22LR, standard barrel, synthetic stock and a 4x12 scope. It is an absolute tack driver! I emptied the 10 round clip into a nickel sized target dot at 40 yards.
cool.gif

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Far and away the best trigger on a factory rifle. In fact, thank Savage for the trigger on whatever factory rifle you now shoot. They revolutionized the industry.

I like mine but know some guys that couldn't get used to theirs. They installed Rifle Basix trigger (or sear) and are very pleased. Give it a chance and if you decide it's just not for you at least there is a good cheap and easy to do alterative out there. savageshooters.com has tons of info on anything Savage related.

peace.
unloaded

I guess I'm the odd man out. I wouldn't say that I don't like it, but I much prefer a good tuned regular trigger.

I would also like to know what everyone is comparing them to as "the best out of the box trigger". The CZ single set trigger is pretty tough to beat.

Again, I'm not dogging it by any means. I give full props to Savage for designing something for shooters instead of designing something for attorneys. I'm just not crazy about the "springy" feel of it. Just my opinion.

The trigger will break in also.Shoot it a couple of hundred rounds.Shooters dont seem to appreciate renovations in firearms.The accutrigger did set the other manufaturers on their Duffs.Notice now we have an EXTERNALLY adjustable Remington(one screw)Wait till the new accustock gets out there and catches on.I've been a Remington man for years.Tired of buying the better Remingtons(not SPS) and having to spend hundreds more to make them shoot.I now look at Savage first,and oh yes they are spooky accurate!

Just exactly the help I needed. I really appreciate the knowledge shared on this topic. I'll be on the target range Monday with some beginner loads.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Boz-- I'm in Utah County, Spring Lake, near Payson. I'll be doing a calling demo at the UTA meeting in Nephi on the 12th of Sept. If you are there be sure to look me up.

I guess it was from shooting so many Glock matches over the years, but when I got my Savage 16FSS with the AccuTrigger, it felt pretty natural to me.... I really like the ability for the owner to turn down/up the trigger weight without having to go through a bunch of hoops to accomplish the feat..

I've had two occasions to contact their customer service department and had excellent results both times... the last being when we moved and I misplaced the little tool to adjust the trigger and called on Monday and by Thursday, I had a replacement in the mail at no charge..

My Rem 700 .223 SPS Varmint came with the X-mark trigger. Untouched it is at 4.5#.

I have a Stevens 200 in .243 which I adjusted the trigger all the way down to about 2.5#. Savage 110 action and components.

My Savage 93 AccuTrigger has remained where it was set at the factory. Don't know the pull weight.

It's easy to go back and forth from rifle to rifle. You get used to it.

I haven't heard anything bad about the AccuTrigger. I like mine.

Look in your owners manual, it should tell you what the trigger was set at from the factory. It will also tell you how to set it for what you like.

As stated above, it's best to get a couple of hundred rds. though it to make sure it's broken in, and adjust from there. blue

Back