Jost ordered a Foxpro Spitfire

Ba19

Hello everybody. Going to pull the trigger on a Foxpro and made my selections. I am new to predator hunting and will concentrate on coyote and then possible some fox. Unit will ship in Oct and I cannot wait to put it to use.

I plan on hunting mostly in New Hampshire and in Massachusetts.

I went through the sounds (FoxPro) and came up with this list.

Coyote Vocals & Locater Sounds
160 - Cal's Siren
179 - Coyote Hurt Pup
180 - Coyote Barks
186 - Lone Howl
207 - Coyote Locater
209 - Coyote Pup Distress #1
211 - Interrogation Howl
213 - Coyote Female Invitation #1
C15 - Female Coyote Bark Howl
C17 - Coy Fem Whimpers
214 - Coyote & Rabbit
215 - Coyote & Fawn
218 - Coyote Ki-Yi
General Predator Hunting Sounds
120 - Crazy Critter*
R10 - Field Mouse Distress
245 - Squirrel Distress
249 - Rodent Distress
D00 - Whitetail Distress
259 - Fawn Distress
B85 - Titmouse Tantrum (Common to Eastern US - Bird Distress)
334 - Game Bird Chick Distress
355 - Cal's Cottontail Distress

Once I get it I will let you know, but for the money looked like a pretty easy sell.
Bruce

If it were me I would do away with 4 of the 13 coyotes sounds and put Lightning Jack, DSG Cottontail, Luckybird and Vole Squeaks on the list. Good luck with your new caller

I do agree with derbyacresbob about replacing some of the calls but I wouldn't do away with four coyotes sounds. I would drop the 214 - Coyote & Rabbit ,and 215 - Coyote & Fawn. I've never had any luck with those calls and I really don't think they do much to bring coyotes in. However you really should have the DSG Cottontail and Lightening Jack. #1 Snowshoe in distress is another very good call.

My dad can beat up your dad too!!!

Good luck with the new caller. Just like the rest of us, you'll find out what works, and what doesn't.

actually I maybe giving away some of my secrets but that sound 215 coyote and fawn and I have 2 others of this type from other sources is a great sound! Just using it at the right times is the key to about any of them. Good luck looks like you made some great selections.

That DSG Cottontail was the go to call in Arkansas when I had my FoxPro...I hunt alot out of boxstands (deer stands) overlooking food plots...I had been using the regular cottontail...and hadn't had any luck... and turned the DSG on and had the biggest coyote I have ever seen bust out of the brush and run right to the caller...I had been calling a long time on this stand and had become complacent...of course I missed him twice with my 243..I have called several since with it... Robbie

Can someone tell me where to find this call on their website? I seen it on APC but would like to see what foxpro actually says anout it. Thanks for your help, Josh.

All I can tell you right now is the Spitfire does not use the new FHSS technology, and the caller must be operated with the remote. It is programmable though. It should compare favorably with the FX3 and FX5.

Originally Posted By: possumalAll I can tell you right now is the Spitfire does not use the new FHSS technology, and the caller must be operated with the remote. It is programmable though. It should compare favorably with the FX3 and FX5.
Not sure what you mean by that but assume you are talking about remote range. As far as volume goes, Steve Dillon said it would be comperable to the 416B, 532, or the JS preymaster.

I was just posting what I have heard. I haven't talked to Steve about this particular caller. I am talking about the remote range and the basic sound quality. Until somebody actually hunts with one, I don't see much chance of getting an accurate performance report.

I have never owned a foxpro so when you guys says the remote range should be equal to the 416, just how far is that? Josh

Josh, I have never owned a 416 so I can't answer that one for you. I'll be glad to find out tomorrow. A FX-3 was my first Foxpro unit, upgraded to a FX-5. Some of these other guys have owned the earlier models, and they may answer your question.

Back