Bushnell 6500 opinion

Dawg_gone

Anybody try these yet and if so what opinion do you have of them. The range of magnification intrigues me. I am setting up a new gun and was evaluating scopes. I have a 3200 Bushnell on my 10/22 mag and have been satisfied with it but most of my other rifles have either zeiss or leupold on them. Just curious about actual experiences. Was looking at the 4.5 x 30 models.

I have the 6500 in the 2.5X 16X40mm and its a very good scope. The only minor problem I have noticed is that the side focus for parallax on mine is all the way down to closest distance to get the parallax right at 100yds. I have not checked it at closer distances but what the heck if your shooting at something that close it does not matter.

I have a 2.5-16X42 that I just put on my 25-06. so far it looks awesome. I also have a 4200 4-16 that is really nice. I am very impressed with the elite glass so far.

I mounted a 2.5-16x42 on my AR calling rifle. The magnification range is amazing. Two issues I'm still deciding on are the SF (I had a coyote hang up at 235 and when I ran the power up I had to adjust the SF to get it back in focus--probably the same for all SF scopes) and the elev/wind adjustments are at about 1.6X the 1/4 moa advertised--complicates sight-in compared to my Leupy's. But, for a combo calling/colony varmint scope it's a great magnification range.

If money was no object, I'd have an IOR-Valdad or a Z6...but it is.
cry.gif

I hope to hear good things as well. I'm seriously considering one of these for my next scope. Gotta love the magnification range if the quality is good.

i have the 6500 2.5-16x 42 with the DOA reticle and i love it. i also have a few of the 3200 series on various types of rifles. for the money they are awsome scopes. i would recommend them to anyone .

Back