New to reloading. I am getting the right stuff?

Thanks guys. I got my loads from a print out of a sierra manual and from the small ring bind-ed books you can buy that only cover one caliber. I did notice that it was lower than some other data. Not sure if was just for sierra bullets or what. This is for an old 99f so I want to be as easy on her as I can, so I went with the lowest published numbers I found. Did I start a "good" distance from the lands?

Originally Posted By: mtinazThanks guys. I got my loads from a print out of a sierra manual and from the small ring bind-ed books you can buy that only cover one caliber. I did notice that it was lower than some other data. Not sure if was just for sierra bullets or what. This is for an old 99f so I want to be as easy on her as I can, so I went with the lowest published numbers I found. Did I start a "good" distance from the lands?

To know where you are in relation to the lands, you will probably need to measure for OAL with an OAL guage. Some guys might have a cheater method of doing this without spending the money on a guage, or you can buy one. I believe RagnCagn sells something he makes for a pretty good price. Not sure if he still is, but you could PM him.

Here's a good article that talks about OAL and headspace. It also show the tool and how it works...

http://www.realguns.com/archives/093.htm

Back