Fully camo'd rifle

I painted my Savage 111 in 25-06 with the Krylon and then put the thumbhole stock on so that's how it is for now. It does scratch but serves the purpose.

2506savage111.jpg

This kind of really kills me! Think about it! That coyote
should be coming in straight to get killed! If you have to give him an extra sporting chance, that your biz! (Like a side profile?)

They never see that profile! I try to catch them coming in!

I just like it if mine are dull.

Nice paint jobs!!!

Quote:
I was all ready to Krylon my new Remintong 700 LVSF but once i got it in my hands I cant make myself do it. I worry too much about messing up the entire thing.

I am the same way Scott. I have a VSSF that I have wanted to paint for at least two years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif, just cant bring myself to pain such a pretty rifle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

WOW Whistlepig, you managed to ressurect this post from 1 year ago. That's not always an easy task. You almost got away with it too but not quite seamless enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two dipped ones and a hand-painted one. I guess it just depends on what you want, and can afford. Some finishes are more durable than others- but none are bullet-proof- they will chip and scratch if you hunt with them. Here's my D-tech .243 wssm, Browning BPS, and Rem 700 .243
IMG_2767.jpg

Brendan I really like the Rem paint job, would you mind PMing me with how you painted the branches on the rifles. Was it a stencil or a hand paint job?

If you go the rattle can route, try going down to the auto paint store and get a spraycan of there car primer and first primer all parts that are to be painted. It really makes a big difference.

That guy's Rembrant, I'm full ghetto.
I like the camo-wrap tape, because I can switsh to snow camo in about 10 minutes and take it back to stock in 5, if I ever wanted to.

Yeah, it looks cheap, and it is, but the glare is gone.

DSCN0349.jpg

017.jpg

If coyotes become art critics, I'll be in trouble.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Back