AR Triggers Review

You'll note that he didn't test the Jewell or Giselle triggers, which are two of the nicest (and most expensive) triggers on the market.

I'm just sayin.

It's a useful article, but there are other options to keep in mind.

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerYou'll note that he didn't test the Jewell or Giselle triggers, which are two of the nicest (and most expensive) triggers on the market.

I'm just sayin.

It's a useful article, but there are other options to keep in mind.

You need to read it better. He did test the "Geissele" trigger. He didn't test the Jewell trigger because most the triggers we donated from the manufactures or sold at a reduced price. So if they didn't participate, he didn't test them.

i just installed a timney drop in trigger at 3 lbs and worked flawless. but anything is better than that factory i had.nice and crisp break. for a drop in very nice.

I also recently installed the Timney drop in 3 lb. trigger in my R-15. It is way better than the stock trigger. It does still have some creep that is a little disapointing in a trigger this expensive?? When I first apply pressure on the trigger it will creep just a little, then a little additional pressure is required to fire the shot?? I must say that I had hoped for a more crisp trigger??

Jim

Quote:You need to read it better. He did test the "Geissele" trigger.

Well, I guess he did. My mistake.
blush.gif

Quote:...because most the triggers we donated from the manufactures or sold at a reduced price. So if they didn't participate, he didn't test them.

So they knew that the triggers they sent were going to be evaluated and ranked and could (possibly) cherry-pick one? That's a very poor method of "testing".

I take back everything I said about it being useful. The pictures are useful.
wink.gif

I put a Timney 3 LB in my AR and it is real crisp so far and breaks at 3 Lb. on the nose according to my trigger scale. My stock Trigger was 7-1/4 Lb pull.

DAB

Originally Posted By: FrogmanI also recently installed the Timney drop in 3 lb. trigger in my R-15. It is way better than the stock trigger. It does still have some creep that is a little disapointing in a trigger this expensive?? When I first apply pressure on the trigger it will creep just a little, then a little additional pressure is required to fire the shot?? I must say that I had hoped for a more crisp trigger??

Jim

I've bought 2 and while one was great, I have the same thing you speak of going on with the other. I've heard Timney will address this if you contact them. Mine isn't really bothering me though.

I know the Timney factory doesn't recommend it, but you can adjust them, IF you know what you are doing. They put some type of glue/sealent on the adjustment screws. IF you have never adjusted one before, I suggest you send it to someone.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker

So they knew that the triggers they sent were going to be evaluated and ranked and could (possibly) cherry-pick one? That's a very poor method of "testing".

I take back everything I said about it being useful. The pictures are useful.
wink.gif

It looks like you are the type of person that finds something wrong with everything. Maybe this happened, or what if.......

Yotecallr,
I haven't heard or talked to anyone that has any experience with that trigger, but it does look good.

Quote:It looks like you are the type of person that finds something wrong with everything.

Or maybe I worked in manufacturing for 30 years and know for a fact that some folks are not above cheating a little to gain an advantage.

And no, I don't find something wrong with everything. I'm not sure where you're getting that opinion from.

Go ahead and explain it to me.

Just purchased and installed the new Pact Ar gold trigger. I have tried most of the big name triggers, and I think the Pact is the best. It is pricey, it seems to do what they say it does and the trigger break is sweet!
Greg Harrison

I installed an Accuracy Speaks (accuracyspeaks.com) trigger in an AR-15. The owner of Accuracy Speaks, Derrick Martin, was helpful with emails and installation information. It is not a drop in trigger and takes a little smithing to get it just right but its worth the effort. There is no creep at all. Always a little surprise when the gun fires.
9th

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker
Or maybe I worked in manufacturing for 30 years and know for a fact that some folks are not above cheating a little to gain an advantage.

And no, I don't find something wrong with everything. I'm not sure where you're getting that opinion from.

Go ahead and explain it to me.
No thanks, I have got better things to do.

GregH,
What do you use your gun that has the Gold trigger in? Hunting, plinking, competition, or ?

Originally Posted By: ninthinningI installed an Accuracy Speaks (accuracyspeaks.com) trigger in an AR-15. The owner of Accuracy Speaks, Derrick Martin, was helpful with emails and installation information. It is not a drop in trigger and takes a little smithing to get it just right but its worth the effort. There is no creep at all. Always a little surprise when the gun fires.
9th

They are local to me and the home range I test fire and shoot at.

I have always bought Timney's or Jewells and had an interest as of late to buy one of the gold pact triggers. I was telling Accuracy Speaks this while they were doing a trigger on my XDM. Lol I didnt even know they made triggers or did work on them, so needless to say I bought one.

I put it in the AR I built for Hyperwrx and when sighting in that rifle I must say I was impressed. It's not a drop in like the timney's or the Gold's but it's a [beeep] of allot easier then a Jewell to put in and in my opinion every bit as nice.

My vote goes for the RRA NM. Great trigger at a very good price. The varmint sounds a lot like the NM with a lighter 2nd stage spring. The same thing can be accomplished very easily with the NM, and a little work
grin.gif

B

Back