Tactical Sling Mounting Hardware

Rascaloso

I have a tactical sling on my AR. I hate the way it is mounted but am unsure how to make it better. I am not sure of the brand of the sling, but it has a hook on each end covered by elastic material.

Right now I am using the nylon/velcro loop around the free-float tube for the front but I really don't like it. I have a stud on the bottom of the tube, but I don't think this is optimum. Seems like it needs to be on the left side since I like to carry it horizontal in front or muzzle down on the right side. I am right handed by the way.

As for the rear, I have an Ace skeleton stock. Right now I have the stud with oblong loop mounted on the top of the stock. Through this is a short nylon adjustable strap with a loop on the end that the hook of the sling goes through. This came with the sling. I hate this also. Once again, I think this needs to be mounted on the left side for my preferred carry positions.

I hope that all made sense. Can some of you post some close up pics of how you mounted yours? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I did try the link in the pinned post concerning slings, but could not get it to work.

Evil Lurker has a nice set up:

Evil_Lurker said:
005.jpg

Blue-Force Vickers sling and KNS front pivot-pin QD mount.

I'm using my ACE stock with the back sling on the left hand side and on the standard stud in the front. It works, but the location that Evil's set up has is probably better for a front carry. Mine works fine for carry with a back pack however.

Yeah, mine works well. Took me a while to figure out the details.

ACE end:
DSCN0320.jpg

Pivot pin detail:
DSCN0321.jpg

KNS pivot pin:
DSCN0323.jpg

It's the second one down on this page. Pull the stock pivot pin and spring/detent and substitute this.

KNS Pivot pin stud

That setup works perfect for me. I thought I was going to have to pull the float tube and drill it, but the KNS pin saved my (whatever).
wink.gif

Back