Truck high racks

I am just starting on a stand on a 1977 4x4 suburban that i just purchased for hunting. It will easily go on and off. I will try to get some pics of it on here when i am finished. Anyone else have a rack on a suburban?

Ricks Fox shooting set up,Land Rover Defender.I got my local coach builder to fabricate and install an aluminium hatch that lifts out and stows away inside then made a frame and platform for shooting off with a bipod,makes a rocksteady shooting position,rifle sits in the cradle ready to go .over the past two and a half years it has seen the end of 300 plus foxes and a few thousand rabbits.I think your high seats look real cool so maybe when its time for a change that could be the way to go.

lr6.jpg

lr4.jpg

lr7.jpg

Regards
Rick

I did build a few, and helped with some. I didn't charge any one, just helped them out. I've got some more detailed pics that I'll post soon. Randy

I know this is probably a little late, but here's a pic of our night hunting stand, it will accomadate 4 people quite well, 2 spot lighters and 2 shooters.
huntingrig.jpg

We have very good luck with this set up, over the last3 hunts, we have 1 bobcat and 7 coyotes.
After reading some of the articles about the dychem, we decided to make some lens covers for our head lights, worked like a charm, the first time we used them, we called something in at every stand, made 5 stands, 2 kills, 2 misses, and couldn't get a good enough shot at the last one.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who responded, I am going to start on my "kill'n chair" next week, I will post some pics when its finished. Got to go, I'm headed off to Hereford, Tx for some pheasant/predator hunting.

I have been too busy to start on my rack until now, so just one more question...around how many feet from the ground do you sit in your "killing chairs"?

Here is another West Texas high chair. Not as light or manueverable as Randy's but extremely stable and quiet. I'm sitting around 12' up. But as you see, on the last pic, my base rig is multipurpose with a rotobench.
Barr1805.jpg

NiteRiga.jpg

NiteRigb.jpg

AaronDan.jpg

I bumped this in response to a recent post about high chairs. There were some really good pictures, but some of them are not showing now. Maybe the guys can fix the messed up ones. Watson's rig is definately the ticket.

How about some close up pictures of the swivel section also the way you mounted your seats. I like Rusty's and Randy Watson's. Just need some close up pics. Thanks, guys and good hunting

Back