Introducing the new FOXPRO Prairie Blaster

Quote:
i'm curios who the great company.if people would meet Mike Dillon and Steve Dillon also smokin Joe. people would know they are nice people and very very into electonic's big time. and predator Hunting. i have been to Foxpro and have met Mike several time's. there Father know's his stuff.the thing's Foxpro doe's for the predator hunting world is tremendous. these are good people the dirty trick's and Running them down get's old. thank you mike for all you have down for us.

Can't agree with you more Rick!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Daddyflea needs horse advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Weasel how did everybody else miss that. I got to hunt off her this last Sunday which most likely is the last time for a long while. I just hope the Baby don't come out with foot long ears.

We were out at Sun up and it was already in the 90s. We saw nothing but had a good ride.

Mike,

What kind of battery life will the Prairie Blaster have? Playing it at full volume will it last 10 hours? 20 hours? 5 hours? 2 hours?

Thanks in advance.

Loren, you get that thing cranked up there in God's country, a pack of those wolves might get ya! Be careful and good hunting at ya.

I agree Ernie takeing a sound from anywhere and looping it with a good computerized sound recording system is hard.

Many home built mp3 call users did it before foxpro.

With great results.

Varmint Al,etc.

The call should be great for the west.

Originally Posted By: Les JohnsonMike,

What kind of battery life will the Prairie Blaster have? Playing it at full volume will it last 10 hours? 20 hours? 5 hours? 2 hours?

Thanks in advance.

Yes,I am curious to now. With the amps and built in decoy I would think it would eat them batteries up if played full volume with decoy running.
I think that would make a big decision on buying that caller or not. I would not be interested in an external battery pack that adds more weight to that unit allready. 9LBs is allmost 2LBs heavier than my rifle. Allmost need a backpack to haul it in if added an external battery pack.

Trap935,

First, the decoy does not add much to the current consumption. Remember, that our Jack-in-the-Box Decoy will run over 100 hours with 4 C cell batteries. Obviously, this unit is intended to be a very LOUD unit. In order to achieve LOUD volumes, the audio system requires more battery consumption--simple law of physics. There are ways to conserve battery life in the audio chain, and still deliver loud volumes. We have taken all into consideration with this unit, and I am pleased to say that all should be very impressed with the battery life. We have even addressed those who demand maximum battery life without the need for any external batteries. There will be several battery options available with this unit, as well as a "choice" for maximum battery life or maximum performance. We have included a selectable battery saver feature.
I am not going to give out exact battery times at this point. There are a lot of companies out there that would like have this information, but they are just going to have to wait until it is released. To sum up, however, I can assure all that battery life will be as good as it possibly can be for the volume that it will deliver.

And, if you don't like the weight, we have plenty of other callers to choose from (and another that we will be announcing shortly).

Thanks for the info FP.

Do you know if it will have 2 separate amps?

Guess it does not matter to me since I already ordered one from Cabela's, and do not have a clue if one large amp is better then 2 smaller ones anyway.

Hammer

Sorry to be the first to say it, but is it a Prairie Blaster of Ghetto Blaster? Looks very nice and I'm sure its LOUD, but 9 1/2lbs. I would need a wagon to carry it. Sorry Fox-pro, I like your products but the weight and the price put me out of the game.

The CS-24 will have outstanding volume with clarity. It has a stereo amplifier, giving you the ability to plug in an exterior speaker and use stereo sounds. It weighs about 3.5 lbs. and runs on 10aa batteries. True 24 bit sounds as advertised. It will provide all the volume you could ever need. Here is a link to a good comparison chart between the CS-24 and another caller:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/product_custom.php

The main speaker on the Blaster is an SP-55. Considering the Fury and the CS-24 are pretty close to equal on volume, I know to my ears that the SP-55 is considerably louder than the Fury, so I would assume it will also be louder than the CS-24.

I have heard and played with the Blaster and it's nothing you want sitting next to you while it's on volume 40.

IT'S LOUD!!!!!!!

I may be wrong, but I believe you have the same stereo amp. in the Fury, the Prairie Blaster, and the CS-24. If that is true, the volume on the callers is going to be affected by the speaker used. That is why the SP-55 is louder than the onboard horn on the Fury. I doubt that the SP-55 is louder than the TOA used on the CS-24. Steve Dillon is the man to explain this in detail.

Originally Posted By: KizmoQuote:Your under estimating coyotes abilty to hear.
They can hear far better then you think.

I'm afraid you underestimate the degree to which thick vegetation impedes sound propogation.

Lower population density + diminished sound propagation = "if they can't hear the call, they most certainly won't come".

I'm willing to drop the extra $ over the price of a Fury to experiment.

well if I can hear a person talking to the guy sitting next to him from 1000 yds away just think how that must sound to a coyote. Sound travels a long way, unless you are hunting in a concrete box I'd say the extra volume isn't needed

OP

Nice keep up the good work, if only you could make them a little more affordable you'd have something.

Last edited:
The SP55 is a really great little speaker and packs a punch, that's for sure. Volume-wise, my guess just taking a quick look at the speakers is that it'll be close on a one to one speaker comparison. Prairie Blaster SP55 vs. CS24 TOA should be very close (if same amps are used in both callers), without testing though I can't verify that one. Playing all 4 speakers though on the Prairie Blaster is going to put the volume way above the CS24. CS24 single speaker is 9W, plug in another speaker and you get 2x9W. Prairie Blaster if using two stereo amps might get 4x9W, but limited to the speakers power output rating, which should be a bit over the amp to protect from damage. Again, the more volume and speakers you want to push, the quicker the batteries will die.

Edit: The Prairie Blaster has a more powerful amplifier than the CS24 or Fury, so in terms of volume, the Prairie Blaster is louder than the CS24, which is louder than the Fury. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Snowcamoman. I stand corrected. No wonder the fellows who heard the thing at the show in Pa. were raving about the volume. The Foxpro guys are really busy.

Back