Any good reads

RowdyRawhide

I am getting ready to build an AR from the ground up and the more I get to reading and asking questions the more I realize there is still alot that I don't know or am unsure about. I was just wondering if there are any books, magazines, websites, etc. that you guys could suggest to give some good foundations to build on. I have been nosing around on AR15.com but that is about it. I am sure this info is out there, it would just be nice to get suggestions and maybe buy one or two or three pieces of literature versus eight or nine before I get the right ones. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=4

There's a TON of good info on this website. At the top of this forum there are some tutorials "tacked". It's not rocket science as long as you TAKE YOUR TIME. If you can do a break job on your car, you can build an AR.

If you're going to build your own upper, get an action block. Don't try to torque a bbl without one. An action block is less than 1/2 the price of a new upper rcvr. I'd also reccomend getting a vice block.

Just saw your reference to ar15.com...I'll assume you've already been to the build your own forum.

Last edited:
Back