Burris Pepr

Fulldraw84

Where can i get a burris pepr scope mount at. SWFA said that they are out of stock currently. Will they become available in decent time or no?

I like them but I prefer quick release mounts like ARMS, LaRue because I use back up iron sights. However, those are very pricey. If Burris would offer QD mount system on the PEPR at a value price and still have respectable quality, I'd be all over that. All my scopes on quality rifles are Burris right now so they got me there.

Optics Planet also has the mounts. I bought one from them a couple of months ago. It's an alright mount for the money. The PEPR is a poor man's Larue. I prefer my Larue mounts over the PEPR.

It's hard to tell from the pictures I've seen but are these mounts high enough without a riser or do they still need a riser to get the scope high enough?

Originally Posted By: RockCrusherIt's hard to tell from the pictures I've seen but are these mounts high enough without a riser or do they still need a riser to get the scope high enough?

They are the correct height at 1.5", no risers needed at all.

SWFA is where i placed an order at and two days later i get an email saying that they are back ordered. I suppose if i don't get it in the next couple of weeks, i will just cancel and buy a larue.

Originally Posted By: Fulldraw84SWFA is where i placed an order at and two days later i get an email saying that they are back ordered. I suppose if i don't get it in the next couple of weeks, i will just cancel and buy a larue.

SWFA is a waste of time, cancel it now & get yours from midway or cabelas, you will be much happier since they wont tell you sorry we cant keep our website current.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: Fulldraw84SWFA is where i placed an order at and two days later i get an email saying that they are back ordered. I suppose if i don't get it in the next couple of weeks, i will just cancel and buy a larue.

SWFA is a waste of time, cancel it now & get yours from midway or cabelas, you will be much happier since they wont tell you sorry we cant keep our website current.

+1. Been there and done that on the PEPR already. Cheap prices--guess you can be cheap when you really don't have to stock anything......

I like the LaRue quick release stuff on a tactical AR. But it serves no purpose on a coyote rifle.

So with that opinion in place I went with the PEPR mount on my coyote rifle. Nice mount, light weight and it serves my purposes just fine. I also added the burris fast fire 2 to the top of my mount with a YHM 45 degree kick over mount.

Up close, out far my rifle is set up to do the job.

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kodiak61I like the LaRue quick release stuff on a tactical AR. But it serves no purpose on a coyote rifle.

It does if your poor like me. I only have 1 AR. So my rifle doubles as a home defense, plinking, coyote rifle. I take my scope off when it goes in the gun cabinet. I bought a Larue mount so i can have the return to zero when i go shooting or hunting.

I finally got the P.E.P.R. mount. My next question is, do you have to do anything special to mount it? Just make sure that the crosshairs are square?

Originally Posted By: yoteslayer77Originally Posted By: kodiak61I like the LaRue quick release stuff on a tactical AR. But it serves no purpose on a coyote rifle.

It does if your poor like me. I only have 1 AR. So my rifle doubles as a home defense, plinking, coyote rifle. I take my scope off when it goes in the gun cabinet. I bought a Larue mount so i can have the return to zero when i go shooting or hunting.

I use a LaRue for that purpose also. Plus if I'm working on the upper its really easy to just take the scope off, things are easier to get to and I don't run the risk of damaging the scope.

Originally Posted By: NE223Originally Posted By: yoteslayer77Originally Posted By: kodiak61I like the LaRue quick release stuff on a tactical AR. But it serves no purpose on a coyote rifle.

I use a LaRue for that purpose also. Plus if I'm working on the upper its really easy to just take the scope off, things are easier to get to and I don't run the risk of damaging the scope.

Plus with a Larue, you can run one scope on multiple uppers if you wish. I've done it.

Back