Aero Precision lower ?

GRIZZLYONE

Grizz here.
I'm thinking about buying an AR with a Aero Precision lower.
Has anyone here had any exp or opinions about them. Ae they good quality lower recievers? Thanks, Grizz

Griz,
They are one of the few major players who buy forgings and make lowers for several bigger companies. They're new into the retail market, but their work has been around for some time.

If you are just trying to save a few bucks on an "off" brand, spend the extra for piece of mind. I have several brands of lowers and they all work fine.

most folks have no problems with them, if using standard trigger pins and milspec type triggers, but almost all of them are on the "small" / "tight" end and high end triggers / modular triggers can have issues in them. they are the only lower we know of that people have had trouble fitting our drop in triggers into, all other brands of lowers are far as we know, are a nice snug fit, without issue.

I bought a 3-pack and have assembled one so far. Very nice clean finish. Fit for the standard LPK was as good as any I've put together and better than most. Fits very nicely to my Noveske and Spikes uppers. Great product for the buck. IMHO

I've put Noveske, Spikes, Rock River, DPMS, Seekins Precision, Superior Arms and DSArms lowers together. My Rock River was tight, too tight. Superior Arms weren't so superior. DPMS' finish wasn't the nicest. The Noveske was a matched pair from John and couldn't be a better fit and finish.

In the end, I found the Aero lowers to be well worth the price.

Maybe I'll pull my Timney out and see if it drops in the Aero.

Aero is now making lowers in 7.62 for the retail market. It's my understanding they are NOT on the California "banned gun list". I have seen them and they look good. I'd like to try a build with one at some point in the future. kwg

Back