Tri Pod Question

Why would you have to modify it? If you set it up and lay the rifle on it that should be pretty steady. Just don't scratch the heck out of the bottom of your rifle on the screw.

It has a flat plastic plate that goes from level to 90 degrees, just wondering about attaching some sort of "U" shaped device to help stablize rifle.

I think I know what you are talking about, what about putting the rifle in your hand on top of the plate. Sorry I know that sounds smart azzy, don't mean to be just dion't know how to say it differently. also how pricy is your tripod, I'm not sure that I would be taking an expensive Probably aluminum tri pod out to the woods, one ding and it's never the same.

I found this is a tobacco barn hanging from a post, so you can call me a cheap skate, but I'm just trying to save a little money.
I'm just a dumb 'ole' boy from Tennessee, so this should explain a lot.

Maybe you can use half of a piece of pvc pipe secured to the tripod and pad the inside of the pipe so it does not scratch your rifle when you lay it in the pipe.

Great idea!!!
grin.gif

wendle, I wasn't calling you a cheap skate I was concerned that IF you had a expensive tri-pod you might not want to take it into the woods and bang it up. Thats all I meant and thats all I said.

Back