heavier butt stock?

ihatecali

i have the light weight six position butt stock from rra on my predator pursuit and i was wondering what stock would be a little heavier and ballance out the rifle a little better.

Originally Posted By: reddog964Its adjustable but not six position, the mag-pul PRS does the job for me, you might look at one of them.

oh sorry 5 position, its described on rra's website as a six position adjustable, anyways is the mag-pul prs any heavier?

my opinion is that you don't need a heavier or balanced rifle in that configuration or what it is used for. But adding weight to any firearm will reduce recoil, allow quicker re-triggering, which would depend on what the rifle is used for. My comp Ar is built with a 27 inch Krieger and has a solid chuck of lead stuffed in the (regular) butt stock. But this is for three reasons, it is a comp gun and not hunted with, it reduces recoil allowing more trigger time in the rapid fire stages of high power, and it is balanced for standing position when firing 22 shots for 22 minutes at 200 yards. Now what I also can do is spin off the leaded stock and replace with a non-weighted stock and scope it for critter work- but I haven't taken it out for that yet when I have other rigs. My M4 shortys get heavy after an all night hump chasing pigs. I wouldn't want to consider adding weight even if I could. I hope this helps. jhg

ihatecali,
I had the same stock on my RRA A4 Varmint, which has a 16" SS Wilson barrel and that seemed to make the stock feel all the lighter. Plus, I didn't like the "cheek weld"...especially when I'm hunting coyotes, it made getting on target more difficult.

I purchased a Vltor EMOD stock. It has the 6 position collapsable feature, along with battery storage compartments, multible sling attachment options and a much wider cheek weld on the stock face...which is ambidexterous.
cool.gif
It also weighs a little more, but not much. You could fill the battery storage compartments with #8 shot, for weight.
www.vltor.com

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

You might want to try the Magpul UBR also, it weighs 1.56lbs and I beleive the PRS weighs 1.85.

I have both, the one I use prone all the time for our SPR matches is the PRS but on another rifle I have the UBR.

Also could check out the new Magpul ACS stock. Not quite as heavy as the UBR but a lot more affordable. The ACS has storage compartments like the Vltor that you could fill with something to add weight.

Those six position stocks never fit me well and it didn't balance the rifle. Just get the regular A2 and use that. It is heavier, fits better, and if you still want more weight in the stock, add the lead weight that GySgt talked about.

Back