New R-15 Rem Predator VTR carbine

tunered

Just shot it this evening, only had some factory ammo, prvi partizan 69 gr hp. Shot the 69gr fairly well, could only get 4 in the clip so thats the groups that i shot, would group around 5/8in with cold barrel, when warm,[not hot] would throw one out about a half in.Will load some shells this weekend will let you know how it go's. ed

Originally Posted By: reddog964if you can find them, try some 60gr V-Maxs and ben
chmark and welcome to PM, you will enjoy it here.

Thanks for the welcome, Have some benchmark, not sure what bullets i have on hand, I really need the scope block risers to get the scope a little higher to shoot better, the adj stock is straight, makes it hard to get the face down. Thanks for the tips. ed

All the stocks are straight because the recoil tube slides back inside them. The only way you could see through the scope is if you used the very bottom of the butt very high in your shoulder. You will need the risers and at least for me medium rings.

I had to throw a riser on my AR also to get my scope up high enough. I use the Hahn precision scout rail, this way i can push the scope a little further forward for my eye relief.

On my R15, until i get the risers, i am using Leupold see through mounts. The ones used on .30-30's for brush hunting so you can use both open sites and scope. I picked them up at Wall-mart for $20.00. Works great, only going to get the risers so i can use regular rings and swap out a red dot for a regular scope when needed.

Be sure and take a good look at the one piece mounts. LaRue, Burris, Armalite, B-Square, etc. They all have their advantages. The Armalite seems to be a bit lower than the others to me.

I have some extras around PM me if you want to try one. I'll make you a deal and if it doesn't work for you, you can send it back.

PEPRCLOSE.jpg

B-Square.jpg

R15s-1.jpg

You wont need risers with Leupold high see through rings at walmart for about $20 or Burris P.E.P.R. mount for about $80 at midwayusa.
I have both and they will put your scope right where it belongs without extra risers.

Thanks Double CK pm sent.

Loaded some rounds sunday, used 23gr N133, br4, 55vmax, and that load shoots as well as all but one of my bolt guns. Happy with gun except that, Remington should have included risers with the gun because of the no sight issue, they knew you would need something, Oh well, still satisfied. ed

May also take a look at the Leupold Mark 4 tacital rings in super high. They'll mount straight up to the rifle and height is perfect... Pricey, but worth it and built like a tank...

Back