Bird Dog Pics

yfzduner450

Hey everyone, we need a post just for pics of your dogs. I thought I would start with a pic of my old friend Murphy. He is a 4 year old Brittany Spaniel. Sorry i don't have any action photos. I can't ever remember the camera. Hope to see pics of your dogs too.
goodpic1.jpg

Last edited:
LCS Grade III Ugartechea 16 ga. I have since sold it.

Here is my primary early season gun:

Mendicute 16 ga with Briley Screw-ins

DSC_0020_edited-1.jpg

Good looking dogs chorizo is that a wild bird in idaho. We used to hunt there when i was a kid but since stopped because of lack of birds.

Wild birds. It was a lucky day as I got the chukars to hold still and I stumbled upon them by accident. No walking at all! The pheasants took some work, but it was one double and two singles. It was a banner day.

Bird numbers have picked up except for chukar that have been down the last couple of years.

The picture of the bird is from my back porch. Lots of wild birds in the immediate area and I walk down the street in the mornings to hunt them.

Last spring I counted 72 birds in a grain field 1/4 mile from the house.

And this house of yours...where might it be? GPS coordinates accepted.

Just kidding.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Hey Chorizo, 72 birds in a field that sounds like the good ole' days. I can remember huntin with my dad and watching the dog go on point. As soon as the first shot rang out the whole field would come alive. Birds flying every direction and just hearing rooster, rooster. We get some around here but it's 1 or 2 and usually they are within city limits.

When I first saw all those birds I thought it was geese. I got out my binos and counted birds. I was shocked.

If you look at the picture of the rooster, he is an old bird (see the big down turned beak) that I have been chasing around. He taunts me by coming into the yard to eat grass. I went out one morning last fall to hunt him and didn't see him.....that was until I was walking down the street, gun open and saw him feeding in my front yard! He went vertical, straight up and over my two story home, sailed over to the neighbors pasture then jumped up on one of the railroad ties that he has as fence posts and cackled for a while.

I saw him one day sail across the field out back and slam into a red tail hawk that was perched on one of the fence posts. Feathers flew everywhere and off the hawk went screeching. The old fellow hopped up on the post and cackled for an hour or more.

He is a tough, mean old bird. If I get him, I am having him stuffed.

Martee and a limit of ducks.

101007_0932b.jpg

Kinda grainy, that was from an old camera phone.

Here she is again with her huntin' clothes on.

100_0871.jpg

Missed the limit by one. That was my fault though.

You can't tell it by this photo, but Martee was sayin' "I thought you said there was ducks here.........."

DSCN2210.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rmitch223Cornstalker, good lookin lab

Thanks!

Bear is an awesome lookin' dog. I love the square head and muzzle.

Back