Human Skull I Found While Out Hunting Today

Originally Posted By: PineConeSad.
This person deserves a decent burial.
Somebodys son or daughter...brother or sister.
Looks like time of death wasn't too long ago.

PC

+1 on that. Certainly should remind us all that all of our time is limited, and to appreciate what we have while we still have the chance to enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1How far from the Border, WYOAZ?

Probably about 80-100 miles away from the Mexican border and about 2 miles from the Indian Res. The area has a good amount traffic that comes through it. I am constantly finiding backpacks and remnants of "pick up" points out there.

Here is a picture of what i'm describing. I took this picture about 1/4 mile away from where I found it.

dec14007.jpg

Unfortunately the scene from the picture above can be replicated all across Southern Arizona. There are many funnel points that you can literally find a hundred backpacks and several hundred water bottles.

Weird to say the least!
That picture of the trash is that what you call a drop off point?
Up here in the Mid West we don't hear much about that stuff down there.
Rick H...

If you hunt that area a lot, you should consider using an AR15, a Glock at your side, and a friend similarly armed.

As a matter of fact, you may want several friends.

Those areas are generally pick up locations. The illegal aliens hold out in the thick treed cover, where they can't be seen by INS trucks or planes, until their ride comes along. They ditch any evidence (backpacks & water) that would identify them as an illegal alien in case the vehicle gets stopped.

Originally Posted By: tgrifI agree with trapshooter. I don't see nuttin, I don't hear nuttin, and I don't tell nuttin.

What if the deceased were a relative of yours who had been missing? By your "no tell" policy, you just stopped the investigation cold.

It won't hurt you to make a phone call, even if it were an anonymous one.

Originally Posted By: 4949shooterOriginally Posted By: tgrifI agree with trapshooter. I don't see nuttin, I don't hear nuttin, and I don't tell nuttin.

What if the deceased were a relative of yours who had been missing? By your "no tell" policy, you just stopped the investigation cold.

I agree Nick...The family deserves some closure....

Quote:Originally Posted By: tgrif
I agree with trapshooter. I don't see nuttin, I don't hear nuttin, and I don't tell nuttin.

Quote: What if the deceased were a relative of yours who had been missing? By your "no tell" policy, you just stopped the investigation cold.

It's that "No See, No Tell" attitude that is the root of a lot of our crime in the nation....as well and the illegal immigrant situation..

I will be one of the last to say our authorities (at every level) are perfect, but without their intervention, we would exist in a state of anarchy....and each individual would be so busy protecting what is their personal belongings that nothing positive would occur and society would crumble...

Whether there was foul play involved, or not, each individual is, or should be, treated with respect, especially in death..

Originally Posted By: 4949shooterOriginally Posted By: TrapShooter12A guy I know had went west out of Reno Scouting for Deer in July and found a Skeleton. He said the worst mistake he made was calling the cops. He said the cops grilled him for Hr's and was trying to get him to admit that he put the Body there. They questioned the reason why he would be out scouting so early before Deer Season. The Body ended up being a Woman that a Serial Killer had killed in the Reno area and because of the find they were able to convict the guy. My Friend said he will think twice before he ever calls the Cops again if he finds a body.

The police were just doing their job. Oftentimes, people that "report" incidents somehow end up being involved themselves. Your buddy did the right thing by reporting the skeleton. His feathers may have been ruffled, but he didn't end up getting falsely charged with a crime. At the least the police could eliminate him as a suspect or potential witness after questioning him.

Spot on 4949shooter. Its unfortunate to be put in that situation but in order to solve crimes, the police have to look at the whole picture and look at all the possibilities. Your friend might have been in an uncomfortable situation for a short period of time but the cops did their jobs. Its amazing to me that people complain just as much when we do our job well as they do when we dont. Thankless job to say the least.

Last edited:
Quote:Your friend might have been in an uncomfortable situation for a short period of time but the cops did their jobs.

What makes you think he's out of the woods yet? The cops have a body and exactly one name tied to it (as far as we know). That's not a pleasant position to be in.

Not only that, but he touched the skull and tracked the whole area up. Guess who's DNA forensic's is going to detect?

My buddy found a dead guy sitting by the Wilson in Oregon while he was steelheading a few years back. Luckily, the body was still warm and the medical examiner deduced he had died of a heart attack. Until then, my friend was the prime suspect and they told him to remain at home until they contacted him.

It makes you think, you're putting a lot of trust in law enforcement to come to the correct conclusion.

I hope this turns out okay.

Last edited:
Back