Always someone that knows EVERYTHING

Well i love guns, i have had so much respect for them ever since i was young. I mean i am only 23, but i have been around guns since i was about 8 or so. I eat sleep and breat hunting, guns, and bows. Anything that has to do with shooting inerests me. So, working at a gun shop is great. I get to BS with people, see all kinds of new guns, and get paid, o ya ad a nice discout. I mean it gets agrivating with these people come in and try and tell you how you don't know squat all the time, but in the end i have an absolute blast. When you have a guy come in that knows nothing about guns and genuinly is interested in your knowledge, and he walks out much more informed then when he walked in (maybe with a gun, maybe not) i feel a lot better because i am helping someone out you know? I mean i get on here and ask questions and you guys that have the right answers typically jump right on it and share your knowledge, its kind of like that. Its cool to see someone getting into guns for the first time. Not because they are scared for their life, or want to be a thug, but because they are really interest.

I haven't reallt picked up any hunting ground yet. However some of the guys that are our friends up there have been talking about having me go out with them. I told them i was going to just call and let them shoot, that would be great for me. They seem interested, so we will see. Seems like there is a good bit of land between them.

There are about 5 of us that hang out there. The guy that owns the shop splits the storage in the rear of building with his friend. And his son comes up and helps some times too, and then their are 2 others of us that work there. So at any given time there could be 2 or 3 of us up there hanging out in evenings.

He does have a good attitude and thats what it takes....Personality will get you a long ways! Ive been in sales for about 15 years and its like Ive always said,you can teach anyone to sell but you cant teach personality...Chad

Of all the great ponderings of the Universe. I can't help but be reminded[not to mention, in awe of]LOL!. Of those who know what a coyote's vocals mean.

Least of those all encompassing, that have gained their experience through reading. Priceless
wink.gif

Thansk guys, i appreiacte the kind words. I am off to the gun shop to open in a minute, i will call game warden today and find out about this supposed bobcat while i am at shop.

Brian, what are you studying in college? I agree with Evil_Lurker that you've got the right attitude to run a shop or do anything you want in this world. I always enjoy your posts.

Tony

I have known one of our Local Dealers so long that I had my Secretary call him and tell him "Your a Daddy." His next question was "Who is this?" Her next statement was "You mean you don't recognize my Voice." "This is Joe Blow isn't it." This went on for several minutes until she put me on the phone. This was several years ago and he still mentions it.

Quote:This was several years ago and he still mentions it.

Yeah, he calls it "the day I had a heart attack".
grin.gif

I've got one about that good, but if I posted it on here I'd be history.
wink.gif

Smokin this might be a good lesson for you. Never discount anything until you can prove it yourself. Even a fool knows where a Gold Mine is once in awhile

Well i will answer tony's question first. I am studying construction management at Northern Kentucky University currently. I am going to graduate this december with my bachelors!! Pretty ecited about that, but i don't know what i am going to when i graduate, hopefully go hunt with someone i look up too....not mentioning any names but i think he knows who i am talking about.

Second, i contacted our district 5 (my district) GW today, and ran him threw the scenario. He agreed with me that this was ludacris and wouldn't happen. He said that it would be a very very rare occasion for a GW to KILL a bobcat in ohio considering they are "ENDANGERED" in ohio. This was his exact phrase. For someone to kill one it would be very bad circumstances. But he thought it was highly unlikely that this guy was right.

Back