Recipes

cathntr

I just pulled my second batch of deer jerkey this week off the dehydrator and boy is it good. Got me to thinking, if this hasnt already been done before and people dont mind sharing what are some of your favorite recipes for cooking wild game. This is the recipe I used for the jerkey marinade. Its probably a pretty common one, all I did is add a few chopped up jalepenos to the mix to make it a little spicy.

Deer Jerkey

1. 2 pounds boneless venison roast
2. 1/2 cup soy sauce
3. 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4. 1/4 cup liquid smoke flavoring
5. 2 tablespoons ketchup
6. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
7. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8. 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or onion powder
9. 1 teaspoon salt
10. 1 jalepeno pepper chopped into tiny pieces

Slice meat into long strips, 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick. In a large releasable plastic bag, combine ingredients 2 through 10. Place meat in, and close bag. Refrigerate overnight. Knead occasionally, to evenly distribute marinade.
Place meat strips on the racks of a dehydrator so that they do not touch each other, and dehydrate for 10 to 12 hours, or until desired consistency is achieved.

This can also be done in the oven set to 160 degrees. Place marinated deer meat on the racks without touching each other and dehydrate for 6 to 8 hours. You might also want to put a pan or something in the bottom of the oven to catch drips.

Enjoy, Josh

Heck a redneck kitchen would be great. I have lots of recipes and a gut to prove it.
smile.gif

+1 on the redneck kitchen/recipe forum...i've got a bunch I would share, and I'm always looking for new ones. Who do we have to ask to get one started?

Originally Posted By: RedfrogOne of the mods brought it in for discussion. How much interest is there guys and gals??

I'm game.

Well you know Im in!!!!!!!!!! I could always use a new recipe. Lets get this thing started:
Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen

Whos with me?

Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen
Redneck Kitchen
Redmeck Kitchen

Originally Posted By: RedfrogOne of the mods brought it in for discussion. How much interest is there guys and gals??

enough to get one started!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've got a mean turtle soup recipie ..........
grin.gif

Zach

I vote yes.
Has anyone heard anything about the wild game recipe book that Curtis was putting together on here in March for MDA benefit? I gave a recipe and wanted to get a copy when they are available.

Back