Mauser Werke 4000 222 cal. need info

Tuco

A friend of mine is trying to help a widow and her family move some of her husbands guns. He gave me a list which has a Mauser 4000 on it in 222 caliber. I have always been a fan of the 222 and this one sparks my interest. I looked on the auction sites but can find no Mauser 4000 rifles for sale. I h ave found 2000 & 3000 rifles. My questions are, did Mauser make different length actions? Is this what the 2000 or 4000 designation means. Also I have to some how come up with a price and with out finding any others for sale I have no idea where to start with this rifle. I will have to see this rifle personally to get some answers but would like to show up with some knowledge about this rifle. Any help or info on this rifle will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tuco

Tuco,

Hopefully someone here will be able to answer your questions about the Mauser 4000. If not, please PM me and I have another place to ask the same questions.
The 4000 may have been one of the rifles that Russ Bauer imported in the late 1960's and early 1970's. He owned Bauer Ordinance down in the Detroit area. They built gun systems for the military.

Martyn

I believe its the same gun built by Heym. They had the 20-30-40. When they built for Mauser it was 2000-3000-4000.

Dennyr is correct. The Mauser Bauer barreled actions were built by Heym, but I'm not sure if the stocks were. I have one in .223 and it is a very accurate and beautiful rifle. The stock design looks a lot like a Weatherby.
They made them in a long and short action, but I'm not sure if they also had a med. length action. A quick search yielded prices from $400 to $700. I would seriously think about keeping it if I were you.

Last edited:
Back