Any of you guys hunt yotes in the summer?

I talked to the co office. They said that if it's doing damage to a farm you don't need a permit the only permit you need is to transport live animal Its just like a crow there is a season on them but if they are doing damage you can shoot them! Same with beavers and other hunted animals. The only animals that I know that you need a permit for is waterfowl due to the fact that they are a fed. protected season and no big game. If is was agenst the law I wouldn't do is.

I would talk to the drn officer, the offices are not trustworthy. I trap problem beavers in the summer, i need to get a permit for each area that i trap them in. I call the officer and explain where and when it will be done and then he sends me a permit.

If you are on someone else's property you need to get a permit. It shouldn't be hard to get, but some officers are different to work with.

We will see if they have a problem with it they can talk with there advisors on the phone. When they give info out and its wrong they should chock on it for once. (Its call information for a reason) Thanks for the heads up I wish the fox would stop until winter when they are worth some thing. But I guess that the friend ship I have with this farmer is worth not getting any thing for the pelt. In the Metro it tuff to come by. P.S still no luck

Quote:Yup, the relationships we have with our landowners is worth far more than a pelt. I agree 100%!

+2

From reading thesavage posts he states that the fox killed 20 chickens and also the neighbor is feeding them. Sounds like alot of food for just a few fox. He should maybe look towards the sky for some of the problems if not all. If some of the chickens are being killed and just left laying then its possably a Mink or weasel.
Sounds like he is also haveing a tough time getting the fox and if he does get the adults what is he going to do about the pups? Lets just say the pups are old enough to make it on their own, but they don't have the parents around to teach them to fend for themselves so now what.. Do you think maybe they will go and find food where its the easiest like the chicken farmer since they know what chicken is..
Its possable youre venture could back fire on you and you could loose youre friendship with the farmer..
I have 30 some ranches i hunt and also hunt in 3 counties and i have yet not found a farmer who was more than willing to wait for me to comeback in the fall and take care of any problems he may have and i have never lost any hunting ground because of my choice either..To alwa6ys be on the safe side i never give any garantees, i just tell them i'll do the best i can..

Originally Posted By: TA17rem Quote:Yup, the relationships we have with our landowners is worth far more than a pelt. I agree 100%!

+2

From reading thesavage posts he states that the fox killed 20 chickens and also the neighbor is feeding them. Sounds like alot of food for just a few fox. He should maybe look towards the sky for some of the problems if not all. If some of the chickens are being killed and just left laying then its possably a Mink or weasel.
Sounds like he is also haveing a tough time getting the fox and if he does get the adults what is he going to do about the pups? Lets just say the pups are old enough to make it on their own, but they don't have the parents around to teach them to fend for themselves so now what.. Do you think maybe they will go and find food where its the easiest like the chicken farmer since they know what chicken is..
Its possable youre venture could back fire on you and you could loose youre friendship with the farmer..
I have 30 some ranches i hunt and also hunt in 3 counties and i have yet not found a farmer who was more than willing to wait for me to comeback in the fall and take care of any problems he may have and i have never lost any hunting ground because of my choice either..To alwa6ys be on the safe side i never give any garantees, i just tell them i'll do the best i can..

no dead chickens found. not in the sky. the other farmers have seen them walking down the road with chickens but it hasn't been back I think the other farmers have shot at them maybe killed them haven't lost any chickens in a few days

TA17rem If I show an effort to get the fox it keeps him happy. I don't know where you are but most of my hunting is done near cities there are tones of hunter that say that they predator hunt and are good people and try to take or reck it for everyone else. this farmer lets me be the only one out on his land like is said respect is worth more then a pelt. Sounds like you are a co your self or have to much time on your hands, knowing every thing about Mn hunting laws I under stand that you might not like it but I have been told for two years that it's leagle if I have any trubles I will tell the co to call the hot line and ask for him self. The hot line is for people to get answers if they are wrong that's not my problem that our great states

Nope i'm not a CO. Yes i do read the hunting laws every year when i buy a lic., mostly laws pertaining to pred. hunting..I don't hunt out of season so i don't read up on all the laws but i do have my hand book along in the truck.
As for calling the hot line you should have some sort of documentation or proof of what was descussed and who you talked with or its not going to have much weight in court..

Back