Horn howler

lamar

I started this howler a several months ago, yesterday I decided to work on it a little more. Have any of you call makers ever picked up a call and just could'nt put it down? Thats what happened to me yesterday. I made a tone board for this howler and decided to go ahead and seal it with super glue. No problem yet. While the tone board was drying I started shaping the howler. I found a few places where the layers were seperating so I decided a little super glue would solve the problem or at least keep it workable. Now the trouble started.lol... The tone board was dry so I picked up the howler and stuck it in. Super glue must take several minintes to dry.lol... {not for sale}
8209b.jpg

Thanks guys, it's not as pretty as the picture makes it look. It could stand a little more sanding but with the seperation of the layers this is all it's getting. Besides I want to make sure the hide from my hand stays on it.lol

Been there and done that Lamar!

Super glue is activated by moisture so if you put it on something really dry it will skim off from moisture in the air. Then when you touch it... OUCH! Stuck, because your skin always has moisture in it!

Go to your local Hobby Lobby or craft store and get some, "Decoart" brand "Triple Thick" gloss finish. It's used for decoupage... like the stuff they put on those cypress wood clocks. It's a clear polyurethane that looks like glass when dry!

Nikonut

Great work Lamar!! You are lucky you didn't pull a Trashcan and get the call stuck to your lip cause you figured the superglue "Has to be dry by now, let me put down my beer and give it a test run!". Embarrassing to say the least. It's good to see you are getting past the smell on those horns, your work is as always, top shelf!

Trashcan
Death Card calls

Nice work Lamar!!

Hey Thomas, look at the bright side. With is stuck to your lips, you could just use it as a funnel for more beer
grin.gif

Back