1st Stand of 2009 !!!!!!

soreloser

Well we finally kicked off our calling season today. Weather was pretty cool (73deg) first thing this morning...

Here's a quick teaser video of what happened on the 1st Stand of the year for us. Turned out to be a young 2nd year female.

Click on HQ and ENJOY!!!

Last edited:
The call was actually muted and the she was coming to the decoy. You can see her fixed on it the whole way in, but when she got behind the bush, she turned her attention to the smell of the call.

Not sure why, other than Mike was eating a donut right before this stand and didn't wash his hands. LOL!!!

No Jim the bow and boat are still out, we are just switching to shooting fish at night now.

Way to go Tim and Mike! With this weather change and your video, I am thinking about getting out there now too. The predicted high temperature for tomorrow is lower than the low temperature we had 8 to 10 days ago.

Thanks for sharing the video. I wish it would cool down around here (still over 110). I can't wait to get back out there.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueDuckVery interesting video. Interesting how the coyote didn't seem to look at the movement of the decoy at all.

Watch again closely. The coyote was totally focused on the decoy up until the point where it reached the scent trail between the call and decoy at which time it turned, looked at the call and then split.

Timmy, nice footage. Crazy how that thing raced right passed the decoy. And man when she got to the caller, did she smell you! LOL

Keep 'em coming

Back