HEY BUKER

It's been really good. I haven't chased walleyes too much but my brother in law has and he pounded them last weekend. I've been after bass and panfish and this is our take from 1 hour last Sunday morning (my last day out fishing)

100_2551.jpg

I am heading back out to the lake this weekend. We won't take life too seriously. If the wind is down we'll shoot some carp and buffalo's with our bows. Crappies are nice and eager so I'm sure we'll have a fish fry with fresh garden taters and corn on the cob. Yup. Life is good.

Have a good 4th of July!

that will make a very nice fish fry
the lakes round here get pounded real hard
be up nort in a couple of weeks hope to do better on the fishin

Quote:
Nope, don't eat 'em. But I do eat the tomatos that grow over carcasses!

Same here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

looks like a good catch Randy but I would have thrown the bass back. I think they are more of a trophy fish or game fish I catch and release all my bass and northerns. But those sunnys and crappies would be in the fry pan

We are careful about what sized bass we keep. We never keep one over 2lbs unless it was hooked badly. Most of what you see there are 1.5 lb fish. We catch plenty of these based, partly on how we manage the lake. (it's a private lake.)

These are just a few bass taken this year that are over five lbs. All were released.

100_1179.jpg

100_1184.jpg

06-05-09.jpg

100_1592.jpg

Back