Coyote Pens in the East

moyer911

I am new to the board. I have found several posts on here talking about coyote/fox pens. I am from central Pa just outside State College (Penn State). I am starting to hunt coyotes with dogs. I have been looking for a pen(s) that are within a couple hour drive of me to help me train/practice my dog. Does anybody know of any in Pa or surrounding states? Any websites or info on them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help. I have picked up some really good tips on both calling and dogs already. Look forward to talking to you.

there`s a pen in new york that`s about 3 hrs from state college, pa. i have a few friends from the bellfonte area that run there with me. i sent you a personal message on how to find out more about the pens. we tend not to give out to much info to people we don`t know, due to the anti`s

I heard that there is a coyote pen in Virginia just off of I-95 south of Richmond. I'm not sure of the name or exactly where it is but you may try looking on some of the fox pen forums? I know it's a little bit of a ride for ya but I think that coyote pens are few and far between. Friends of mine that run dogs in some of the fox pens say that the tree huggers are having the game departments in each state crack down on the pen owners and shutting some of them down. Good luck on your search.

Are you getting into coyote dogs all on your own?
That sure sounds to be a difficult proposition to do alone...

Which breed did you choose and what breeder did you get you pup from?

Do you know any other dogmen in your area? Of the dogmen I know in NY, they are a close knit group where 'every body knows everybody'. Is that the same case in PA?

I'm not a dogman, but the guys I've met that are would be happy to take me under their wing if I'd be just starting out in the game with a pup of my own...

Interesting first post question you pose here on the board. Makes one start to think about things...

Oh ya, welcome to Predator Masters!

Not entirely. My cousins and I are all getting Walkers. I have a friend that breeds Walkers and Beagles. Beaver Run Boarding Kennels in Philipsburg Pa.
I have a couple of friends that are into coyotes. One in particular is going to show me alot of the ins and outs as he has been doing it for several years.
The guy I am getting my pup(s) from has Walkers trained to run coons, fox, bobcats, and bears. He just has not had the time to get into coyotes yet. He has several bloodlines that have several state and regional champions. He also has quite a few of beagles that are excellent dogs and has been running them all his life. He tells me that it won't be a cake walk getting them onto coyotes but assures me that the ones he chose to breed for this are of the top quality and he will help us get started and wants to get into it himself if it works for us. He also has several friends that run coyotes and are willing to help us out.

Madcatter, I just got a beagle pup from the same breeder two weeks ago. He is about ten weeks now and is starting to show signs of wanting to go after the rabbits. I have alot of rabbits in and around my yard so he is starting to show signs of going after them already and I haven't even started to work with him yet. I am going to start working with him as soon as the weather cools off and the kids go back to school. The guy I got the pup(s) from runs some of his 5 days a week. I think he has about 20 beagles and rotates them for a different set of 4 or 5 each day. I will be hooking up with him as soon as my pup can move fast enough to keep up. LOL

Back