Bow hunting Icons

Ozzy,

I like Ole' Uncle Ted, too. Met him at the NRA National Convention a while back.

You really can't be serious about Uncle Ted not doing endorsements! LOL He is a walking talking endorsement everytime he speaks. He hunts with X brand AR or X brand bow or uses X brand arrows and of course always uses x brand broadheads! LOL

I first saw him in concert before "Cat Scratch Fever" even got recorded! I'm old but luckily not as old as him! Wish I had his money or his tenacity to make positive changes in our hunting community!

Nikonut

Ted has so many endorements it's unreal !
He will have atleast 3 bow companys in one show. He will talking on up and shootin another .

Wish I had his $$$$$$$$$ !

As far as Ted Nugent and Noel Feather are concerned read my post above and you will know why I have nothing to say about them.
frown.gif

Now I dont want to sound like sour grapes....like I said post some links to his endorsements. I ain't sounding mean here, just want some proof. Ted on the board of the N.R.A. has done a lot for me and for my fellow man since like 1995 I think.
smile.gif

ozzy,
I'm no puter wizz so I can't do links, but you research ol'Ted's tv show . You will find all you need.

I'm just tellin it like I see it!

Wack'em and Stack'em !! which ever side of the fence you hunt !
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzkeozzy,
I'm no puter wizz so I can't do links, but you research ol'Ted's tv show . You will find all you need.

I'm just tellin it like I see it!

Wack'em and Stack'em !! which ever side of the fence you hunt !
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Give me at least one bow he shoots! I have CRS myself but can remember a few short memory thangs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GEORGE ACKLEYJudd Cooney is a [beeep] of a bow hunter , and a true bow hunting icon

he is my list and uncle Ted ant on it .. he is a icon in his own mined .

sorry for the spelling of the names of my icons list

1, Mr Fred Bear
2, Bob Foulkrod
3, Noel Feathers
4, Dan Fitzgerald

i have met them all (but fred bear ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifat one time or another ,true bow hunters
rite on !
I like the way you think

you know since i posted my icon list there was a name that i couldnt spit out , it was on the tip of mu tung and today it came to me...

A true bow hunter and a leader in producing bow hunting videos from back in the day
Mr.Alan Altizer

I would love to know what ever became of him...

I think Noel Feather got caught shooting a whitetail buck on a game farm and then trying to take it across a state line to check it in in the adjoining state where he had a license. HIs trophies were removed from P&Y.

I've met Herm and Judy Kovar, Dwight Schuh, Larry D. Jones, Chuck Adams and M.R. James. I guess they rate as icons but I try not to get too impressed with any of them. Lots of times I think the pressure to keep producing more and bigger trophies can tempt the famous hunters to cross the line either legally or ethically. With that being said, I had lunch with Dwight Schuh and he was as interested in hearing my stories as telling me his. He seemed like a genuine guy. I would say the same for Herm and Judy. Larry D. Jones seemed a little starstruck by himself. At least he seemed more impressed with himself than I was.

How about some from even earlier that got this all started and non are interested in TV or ratings or anything like that.

Other than Fred Bear,Ben Pearson,Earl Hoyt, Howard Hill we have Ron Laclaire,Doug Borland,Paul Schaffer,Glen St. Charles,Sterling Harrell just to name a few.

St. Charles started the pope and young club.

Back