I'm in need of a teacher

yfzduner450

I've been into dogs my whole life but mostly with bird dogs. I've been looking into hounds but want to know all i can before i start a pack. What i'm looking for is a houndsman that is willing to take me under his wing and show me how to get started. I'm not looking to steal any spots and i'm willing to pitch in for gas and whatnot for the chance to go with a real houndsman. I'm also not wanting to use someone's dogs to get me some fur, i just want to learn everything i can so one day i can train and hunt my own dogs. Thanks for looking and i can't wait to hear some reply's.

I will save you alot of time money and heart ache. Buy a finished dog and he will teach you alot.Most guys think they can buy pups and train them to be great biggame hounds, most get ruined.You get a finished dog and then you can get a few younger dogs and he will train them and you. Give me a call I can hook you with a few houndsmen in your area. Devin 801-910-1501

Devin, great advice. I wish somebody had told me that. You also just saved him from having to read about 4-5 great books by real houndsmen. TAKE THE ADVICE IF YOU WANT TO START RIGHT!

Back