Any Competitors?

Smokin250

Just curious if any of you guys shot IBO shoots?

I have shot a few this year, and actually took first place at one earlier this year. I enjoy it quite a bit. Turkey season got in the way and i lost my daily practice routine. Need to get back into it.

Brian

I shot one a few weeks ago, came in 7th out of around 200 shooters. I didn't think it was to bad for a bow I got off the internet a few weeks before that. I didn't even know there was a bow shoot just happened to driving by the right spot at the right time and saw the sign they had out and figured why not give it a try!

I go to a lot of regional shoots or shoots around my area, like: Upper Sandusky, Leipsic, Findlay, Sidney, Bellefontaine, Lima and St. Henry. There are some Toledo area shoots that I go to too, like: Mudjaw, Delta, Wildwood and Adams Conservation.

Then there are a few across the state line and into Michigan, like: Dundee, Monroe Rod & Gun, Tomahawk (Temperence) and Adrian.

Sometimes there are conflicting schedules and I either decide which one to go to or I'll shoot one real early, leave and go shoot the other one. Doing this depends on how close the two shoots are to each other and their start and/or sign up times.

Yep...I like to compete.
smile.gif

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Hey Guys,

Maybe we could do a postal shoot with our bows!

We could have a printable target and shoot five arrows with field points at say 30yds.

If anyone is interested in running this I have two "Limited Edition" Thunderdog Howlers engraved with "PredatorMasters 2009", donated by Yellerdog Predator Calls(Lee Smith) for a prize(one for each division)!

Considering we have some really excellent bow shooters here let's think about two divisions... Hunter and ProHunter!

Nikonut

Heres a 4 shot-30 yd from last time I had Sarah out. I havent shot in months. Sorry for the cell phone pics.

4-shot-30yd.jpg

Originally Posted By: nategI shot one a few weeks ago, came in 7th out of around 200 shooters. I didn't think it was to bad for a bow I got off the internet a few weeks before that. I didn't even know there was a bow shoot just happened to driving by the right spot at the right time and saw the sign they had out and figured why not give it a try! Nice Job!

So nikonut...how do you suppose we do this contest? Since i really don't know of any of any around my area from here. Dusty is about the closest.

Generally a "Postal" shoot is a just for fun shoot.

The ones I've seen were done with smallbore rimfire rifles.

There really isn't any set way to do this but if we posted a printable target like the PM rifle target(it's here somewhere as a PDF file), each shooter could download and print their own.

The format is simple, download a target, date it and shoot it five times from whatever yardage we decide on and then sign it... this would be a completely "On Your Honor" contest. You shoot it and on your honor it is at the yardage and according to the rules set. After shooting, all the targets would be mailed(USPS)to one member who would then score each target and determine a winner! If we have a member that would volunteer to score the targets and set the time frame I will send out the calls to the winners! There will be no charge for shooting this match.

I will work with anyone who wants to run this but I don't have the time to run the whole thing.

Anyone want to step up and do this? It's just a fun way to show what you can do and see what others are doing as well. It really is more about trust and bragging rights!

Nikonut

This sounds like a great idea. I would even be willing to throw in one of my lanyards i make.

Lets just get all the details straightend out i guess and go from there!!

i don't compete in competitions but Moseley does
he took first in two of the state shoots this year and didn't make it to the other two
he won the shoot in Casper and the one in the bighorns.
i just started shooting a release but I'm starting to do some nice groups.
I'd be willing to play.
i just really don't have the competitive bone in me i never cared how well someone else shot just if i shot better then the last time out. i went to allot of competitions with Moseley but normally shot for fun.
i need new spectacles to shoot well just can't see like a kid any more.
i could get Moseley to score the targets. but it needs to end before Sept 1st as we will be spending every off work hour bow hunting then.
better go 40 yards or people will be breaking arrows by shooting a 5 shot group or shorter yardages at a 5 spot target.
lets get some shooter input on that.
i know Moseley would break arrows at 20 and 30 with a 5 shot group, no worry with my shooting[chuckling face here]
everyone pipe up with the yardage you guys want.

We shoot state and nat. ASA since there is no longer any IBO in TX. Also shoot some club shoots and I put on my own club 3d shoot as well out of my bow shop.

Guys,

Casey and Moseley have volunteered to help do this so as soon as I can run it by Venatic and come up with a game plan we can get started.

I think this will be fun! I'm thinking at least 40yds and 5 shots.

Nikonut

Sounds like there is some interest so why not.This postal shoot concept is new to me although I have seen it mentioned on Saubier small caliber site before.

I'd like to end it on august 25 so its done before deer and elk hunting antelope will be going by then.
40 yrds to save arrows
lets get listed on who will play and a link to the printable target.
I'd love to play but you young guys can out shoot me so I'll be staying out of it and call myself ineligible.
Mose and i will discuss how to score it because some of you guys may get 5x's. I'll use a caliper to break a tie closest edge of the hole to the center of the bulls-eye.

Awesome guys!! I will go take pictures of the lanyards i have made up and you guys can tell me which ones you would be interested in.

I better start shooting ahaha

Guys,

I'm going to start a new post with a link to the "Official Target" and see if it prints ok for every one. Then Casey can post the official RULES! LOL

Let's keep this fun! It's not about beating someone, it's about showing off, bragging rights, and what we can do with our bows.

I think the target will be a real challenge to even the best shooters!

Nikonut

Back