Practice

White Eagle

What kind of practice do you all do
I am kinda lazy these days I shoot heavy for a month or so before the bow season then hunt
In my younger days I used to take my archery gear every where shoot.shoot.shoot

I usually shoot year round at least twice a week but this year haven't really found the time as I started a new job driving truck over the road again,so I just started to shoot about 2 weeks ago only one session.

i been shooting for over 25 years so now i shoot 2 arrows a day
my bow hangs at the back door and i take one cold shot in the am and one cold shot at night ..

we all know its the cold shot that counts...

Last edited:
That's a very good point George!

I used to practise all the time but surgeries have limited that to almost zero now. If you can't make that first shot there's not much reason to climb up in a stand!

Nikonut

I shoot about a dozen arrows a day up until August. Archery elk season begins the last weekend in August and runs through the last weekend in September. So, I'll screw broadheads on around the first of August, continue to shoot a few arrows a day, then practice more heavily at longer ranges the last couple of weeks leading into season.

I'll usually shoot just over a dozen, in sets of 3.
Got a backyard target setup where I can just step out. Probably 2-3 times a week. Not just for conditioning, but I do like to shoot the Bow. I think it's also important to take a few shots from an elevated platform once in a while.

I'm lucky enough to be able to go out in the back yard and shoot when ever, got 4 3-d targets to whack on. I practice very little through the summer, but really get after it about 5 weeks before elk season starts, and then screw broadheads on about 2 weeks before season, but only shoot them enough to make sure that they are flying straight and hitting where my field points hit. Between now and elk season I'll probably be shooting about 100 arrows/wk.

I shoot 70 lbs for the off season then 65 for hunting. just doing that will make a huge diffrence in how you draw your bow. Also I do the same as George. I shoot 1 or 2 arrows a day and make them count.

Back