Horizontal archery

Brewlee

Are there any crossbow hunters out there? Any in SE Texas?

I love shooting yotes at night on local golf courses. Very quiet, very dark, and nobody knows. They prey on small local pets so I'm doing the community a service. I use an injured cat mp3 on my son's old player with a pair of Sony battery powered speakers placed upwind at a 90 degree angle to where I sit. They approach from downwind right in front of me.

I shoot a Barnett with 2-blade Rage BH's.

brewlee

Welcome to PM!

Actually, I hunt with a crossbow! I have shoulder disabilities. I can still shoot a compound or recurve but more than a few of shots and my arms and joints are sore for a week! Not very good for practising.

I hope you aren't doing your hunting in town! ..or if so it's legal to hunt there! I can certainly see where coyotes would love a golf course with all the little critters available for easy meals!

I would also want to be very careful in how and where I setup and shot. The last thing you would want is for someone to find a bolt with a broadhead attached laying on their fairway or stuck in a green!

Nikonut

I see mostly by moonlight or other ambient light like stadiums with games nearby. Your eyes get used to the dark in about thirty minutes. I use a flashlight with a red lens on it when I am setting up. These can be gotten at boy scout stores, astronomy stores or online.

I also rotate the courses by visiting them every other month or so, weather and moon permitting.

brewlee

Back