woodpecker decoys

TH942

I would like some opions on the mojo woodpecker and the outfoxed one. wich one has better battery life. is one more durable than the other? Do you have better luck hanging them or clipped to a branch? Thanks

IMG_3858.jpg

Here is a picture of the Mojo Woodpecker and a bobcat.I have used both and they both work. The Mojo Woodpecker takes 4 AA batteries but they last a very long time. The Mojo Woodpecker wing puts out more visible flash than the Whirling Woodpecker decoy does. Go with the Mojo Woodpecker decoy. Use fishing line to hang the woodpecker from a bush, tree or fence, it gives the decoy much more movement.

I have both of them. And have switched to the Mojo. There is nothing wrong with the Whirling Woodpecker but like derby said the Mojo seems to have a lot more visible movement with the bigger wing and motor. Battery seems to last longer also.

I find the mojo so large its scared coyotes off before. It doesn't take a lot of movement to catch the eye of a predator, especially when its elevated off the ground 4-5'. The Outfoxed Woodpecker when modded with an $1.25 adjustable reostat will last for days. The mod can be found searching the forum.

I just bought a Outfoxed Woodpecker and did the mod's. It works great and the mod's are easy as can be. I did some calling the other morning and looked away from it for a couple seconds, When I looked back at it there was a tiny bobcat not even 8 pounds under the tree just looking at it.

Sparky13

Back