IMPORTANT! Physician's Alert Card!...Print This!

Go to your Properties in the printer & select the scale to print.

You can reduce the picture size by increasing the scale size.

Hopefully it'll work the same for you as it does for me.

Sheep are the #1 U.S. domestic carriers of anthrax (Bacillus anthracis) spores. Thus, anthrax has rightfully earned its secondary name of "Wool-Sorter's Disease," which is the pulmonary form of anthrax. Most cases of anthrax are of the non-lethal, cutaneous variety which cause black dermal lesions. The pulmonary (Wool-sorter's) form of anthrax is the true killer, but it is a disease difficult to contract as is demonstrated by the difficulty in "weaponizing" the spores for bioterror and military purposes. Wool-sorters are only at greater risk because of the spore load (spore quantity) to which they are exposed. The probability of contracting pulmonary anthrax on a hunting venture is VERY, VERY low. As mentioned above, plague (Yersinia pestis) is a greater danger in that the probabilty of contracting it is higher than anthrax. Prairie dogs are the hunting risk associated with plague, so just shoot 'em, don't handle 'em!

If I were to choose the most significant threats to hunters from the list on the card, I'd say:
a) Rabies
b) Lyme disease
c) Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever
d) Tularemia
e) Plague
f) West Nile Virus (not on the card)

I promise there are several folks on this board with undiagnosed cases of Giardiasis, Ascariasis, and Cryptosporidiosis. These are not life-threatening, but very prevalent.

Last edited:
Do your coyotes n wolves in the US have Hydatids.
Aussie dingos are full of it - each n every one of them. There's no vaccine either. It is the nastiest, slow acting killer you'll ever see!

Yup, this card is a good idea ! especialy for some of us who's a ways from any sort of town let alone a Hospital.
Thanks Rockinbbar

Last edited:
Yeah i dont think ill get any of that cause im having trouble killing things lol
laugh.gif

A guy in a neighboring town got the plague last fall after cutting his finger while skinning a coyote. Luckily they caught it and he didn't die. This card is a good idea.

I printed one and put it in my wallet and hung one on the fridge. Just in case I'm down the wife can ask the question.
Mike

Originally Posted By: GeorgiaJoe/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifIf my wife sees this she'll make me quit hunting wild animals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
GAJoe

If my wife sees this she might actually let me go
w00t.gif

This is a great idea. I rarely think of these types of things before I step into the woods. I will now. I'm going to print out a couple of cards. Thanks

My company sells photo id equipment, so I made up a bunch of these on plastic credit card size stock and handed them out to my friends. We had a guy who used to hunt with us who contracted Leptospirosis from skinning coons. He was hospitalized in SERIOUS condition and about 24 hours away from a "dirt nap" when his wife mentioned to the doctor that he was a coon hunter! He was a Lucky guy. He is now a BIG fan of wearing rubber gloves when handling animal carcuses. Scary stuff!

I have the card saved on my putr and can email it to anyone who wants it. When you open it just print it and you should be ok. Let me know if anyone needs one.

Originally Posted By: MossI have the card saved on my putr and can email it to anyone who wants it. When you open it just print it and you should be ok. Let me know if anyone needs one. yes please.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbar
Physician-Alert-Card.jpg

If you handle wild animals & think you may need a physicians alert card, please print this out and carry it~!

It may save your life.

Thanks to fellow member Redge for the artwork! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Barry

Thanks, Barry!

Not a bad idea at all! I live an hour from a doctor/ hospital, and I NEVER hunt any closer to town than where I live.

Thanks!

Pyro

Thanks Barry.

I was watching a series of three videos prepared by Mississippi State University on the wild pig problem and one of the topics was zoonotic diseases.

Rubber gloves go into the hunting bag next trip.

I printed it out & in the present form, low resolution, it is hard to read. Needs to be 300 dpi to print. Can you get the hi resolution file & post it?

Back