The Battler!!!!!!!!! (Elk Howler)

TJShockler

This is the main beam off the battler bull from wyoming (casey middleton)!Sweet cowhorn tone board that does it all.
Its got a great toned down howl to it and great Kiyi's!Its ranges from male to pup howles.Very forgiving and easy to use.I will take $45.00 and Ill pay the shipping!Checks and money orders will work just fine. Thanks for looking

sold009.jpg

sold008.jpg

sold007.jpg

That's a BIG boy!!
I like the way you melded the cow horn into the antler. Did you do some sort of tenon fit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
I also like the embellishment on the inside of the bell...it's something outside the norm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Holy Moly! Back in highschool we would of called that a "Hog Legger". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well done TJ. You know I'm very partial to that toneboard design. And that lanyard groove...perfect!

Tony

Last edited:
TJ, if this one sounds anything like the one I got from you last month, it is a "Hum-Dinger", /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif and sure enough a good Howler in sound and looks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Everone that has seen and heard mine wants it.

At first I was a little worried about the weight being a problem on my lanyard, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif but it has proven me wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyone who is looking for a good Howler, would be hard pressed to find a better one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Larry

that was a heavy bull i had both sides of him.
he had broken tines on both and while he was packing them we named him the batteler because he was constently pushing the others around.
he is good and freash antler too i picked them up right after they dropped.

Thanks guys!
Guero all my tone boards are built by me one at a time.I really like this design because how comfortable it is.I build every toneboard with this swayback with just a dremel and belt sander!I dont dought Tonys tt1 boards are awsome(havent herd one yet)because they all are!Not trying to copy anyone here,but I got alot of my insperation from using TT calls.I simply just like the looks and how comfortable this design is!

I gotta admit. When I first saw it I thought that was TT's tone-board. I hope he's okay with that? Then I read that it was horn. Good job and you did a first rate job of fitting it to the horn. They lanyard groove is as perfect as I've seen. I suspect that is one of the best sounding howlers that we've seen lately.

Back