What do you shoot?

I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT for serious hunting and a Pronghorn custom longbow for fun. It is lots more fun to shoot the longbow but it limits my range enough that I usually grab the compound when I'm serious about shooting something. Even with it, I haven't shot anything over 25 yards for years though.

I also shoot a Hoyt Havoc. Its a 2003 the year before the tec thing. That one has a Copper Johns Dead Nutz 4 pin sight and a Whisker Biscut rest.

High Country Stilletto 380
Stilletto380.jpg

I shoot a Fred Bear Instinct, 31" draw at 60 lbs. Whisker Biscuit Rest and Easton Carbon Express arrows with Crimson Talon 100 grain broadheads. Got 2 does with this setup so far and am going for a few more and wild hogs in Hawaii this winter.

Last edited:
Matthews SQ2, 70lbs.
Winner's Choice string
Trophy ridge Flatliner 3 pin w/ pin light
QAD Ultra Drop away rest
Kwikee 4 arrow quiver

Beman ICS 400s w/100gr Sonic broadheads

Quote:
Hoyt and Muzzy's can ruin a deers day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So can a Ford Explorer! Got one earlier this week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
If I was driving an automatic with the cruise control on would that be considered non-traditional equipment vs if I was driving a standard shift?Hmmm??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It happened so fast I didn't even have time to spray on my cover scent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:
Traditional Here. "If you have to pull a trigger then it probably aint bowhunting" LOL

Grizz here. Long before I could handle a firearm I shot
targets only with recurve and longbow. As a kid when most kids were out playing ball, I was in the yard flinging
arrows. Got to be pretty good. Use to win the turkey shoot
every year at the old Santa Ana, Ca boys culb. I even beat my instructer on a regular basis. I bought a recurve
a while back made by Samick the model is the Equus 50lb draw. I need some correct target arrows, a target, arm guard. But first I got to figure out what I'm suppose to use as an arrow rest on this bow? Right now it's just the way it came, bare laminate. Grizz

Quote:
Quote:
Hoyt and Muzzy's can ruin a deers day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So can a Ford Explorer! Got one earlier this week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
If I was driving an automatic with the cruise control on would that be considered non-traditional equipment vs if I was driving a standard shift?Hmmm??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It happened so fast I didn't even have time to spray on my cover scent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:

David,
You gettin a new ride or taping the pieces back on ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mathews Legacy. I shoot Gold tips 55/75 with Magnus Snuffer SS broadheads with blazer vanes on the opposite end. I use the WB rest and got a limbsaver S-coil on front. I use the Little Goose release, with trigger and all!! To hit my target I use the HHA OL-5500 single pin slider.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David,
You gettin a new ride or taping the pieces back on ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its in the body shop having reconstructive plastic surgery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back